L&D Technical Content Writer
L&D Technical Content Specialist
Gusto is a modern, online people platform that helps small businesses take care of their teams. On top of full-service payroll, Gusto offers health insurance, 401(k)s, expert HR, and team management tools. Today, Gusto offices in Denver, San Francisco, and New York serve more than 100,000 businesses nationwide.
The L&D team at Gusto is looking to hire a Technical Content Specialist who will strategically develop and manage documentation and knowledge management systems that supports our growing Customer Experience Team. This specialist will be responsible for partnering with internal SME’s to translate complex content, policies, and processes into a well organized and managed knowledge base that simplifies access and understanding for all CX teams.
The Learning and Development team is responsible for ensuring that our customer experience teams have the knowledge and skills to be successful. The ideal candidate will be deadline driven, have a passion for creative problem solving and is eager to partner with Subject Matter Experts and facilitators to deliver a quality experience.
Here’s what you’ll do day-to-day:
- Write, publish, and maintain high quality content within the knowledge base including process guides, reference materials, troubleshooters, and talking points.
- Prepare and execute on a knowledge management strategy with the goal of improving quality while reducing the time Advocates spend searching for information.
- Build & expand on key cross-functional relationships and identify subject matter experts within the Customer Experience organization.
- Manage content development workflows to ensure knowledge base content is effective, complete, and always up to date.
- Partner with Learning & Development specialists to ensure knowledge base content aligns with what is being taught in training programs.
- Identify and execute on opportunities to optimize the knowledge base and improve current documentation based on usage metrics, performance data, and Customer Engagement Advocate feedback.
- Measure and report out on the effectiveness of knowledge management initiatives and key metrics.
Here’s what we're looking for:
- 3+ years of experience in developing and implementing knowledge management strategies, managing and/or developing content for online help centers (internal or external facing), including articles, standard responses, operating procedures, and/or training modules.
- Demonstrated technical writing ability
- Experience implementing knowledge management initiatives with change management principles
- Demonstrates proficiency with leveraging data to drive strategy and decision making.
- Experience leading knowledge and content teams in support or customer service environments.
- Excellent presentation and interpersonal skills
- Strong ability to partner and collaborate with business stakeholders
- Has a proven record managing large cross-functional projects and tight deadlines.
- Preferred experience with Confluence, SQL
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home at Gusto.