International Content Lead
DISH is a Fortune 250 company with more than $14 billion in annual revenue that continues to redefine the communications industry. Our legacy is innovation and a willingness to challenge the status quo, including reinventing ourselves. We disrupted the pay-TV industry in the mid-90s with the launch of the DISH satellite TV service, taking on some of the largest U.S. corporations in the process, and grew to be the fourth-largest pay-TV provider. We are doing it again with the first live, internet-delivered TV service – Sling TV – that bucks traditional pay-TV norms and gives consumers a truly new way to access and watch television. Now we have our sights set on upending the wireless industry and unseating the entrenched incumbent carriers.
We are driven by curiosity, pride, adventure, and a desire to win – it’s in our DNA. We’re looking for people with boundless energy, intelligence, and an overwhelming need to achieve to join our team as we embark on the next chapter of our story.
Opportunity is here. We are DISH.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
The International Media Content Lead is a part of a team that prides itself on providing high quality international content to the millions of people here in the U.S. who want to connect with the local news, culture, and popular programming from their home countries. Working with in-language content and international programming services from our key regions in Europe, the Middle East, South Asia, East Asia, and Brazil.
- Understand the multicultural television marketplace; review programming opportunities and packaging options.
- Analyze the value of current and new programming opportunities and packaging options.
- Understand subscriber markets, user experience and international entertainment trends.
- Participate in negotiations of international programming contracts for both DISH DBS and Sling TV.
- Develop and enhance relationships with Network partners, acting as the point-person for questions, communication and related items (e.g. tax forms, payments, operational issues).
- Provide deal support and correlate COGS analysis, revenue models, and subscriber trends as needed.
Skills - Experience and Requirements
An ideal candidate would possess the following:
- Bachelor's degree from a four-year college plus 3-5 years’ work experience, ideally within media and/or entertainment fields and/or pay television industry.
- Exposure to contracts, legal terms, and long-form agreements.
- Negotiation, presentation, and resolution skills; professional demeanor.
- Sound analytical judgement; excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- Appreciation of foreign cultures. (Ability to speak a foreign language is a plus.)