International Content Lead at Sling TV
Sling TV L.L.C. provides an over-the-top (internet delivered) television experience on TVs, tablets, gaming consoles, computers, smartphones, smart TVs and other streaming devices. Distributed across a variety of strategic device partners, including Google, Amazon, Apple TV, Microsoft, Roku, Samsung, LG, Comcast, and many others, Sling TV offers two primary domestic streaming services that collectively include more than 100 channels of top content. Featured programmers include Disney/ESPN, Fox, NBC, AMC, A&E, EPIX, NFL Network, NBA TV, NHL Networks, Pac-12 Networks, Hallmark, Viacom, and more. For Spanish-speaking customers, Sling Latino offers a suite of standalone and extra Spanish-programming packages tailored to the U S. Hispanic market. And for those seeking International content, Sling International currently provides more than 300 channels in 20 languages (available across multiple devices) to U.S. households.
Sling TV is the #1 Live TV Streaming Service Sling TV is a next-generation service that meets the entertainment needs of today’s contemporary viewers. Visit www.Sling.com. We are driven by curiosity, pride, adventure, and a desire to win – it’s in our DNA. We’re looking for people with boundless energy, intelligence, and an overwhelming need to achieve to join our team as we embark on the next chapter of our story.
Opportunity is here. We are Sling.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
DISH’s International Programming unit negotiates agreements for the company’s DBS and OTT platforms, working with in-language and foreign-based services across Europe, the Middle East, South Asia, East Asia, and Brazil. From evaluating programming content to developing business terms to reviewing agreements with DISH’s legal team, you will play an entrepreneurial role in helping manage nearly 100 deals -- new channels and renewals -- annually.
- Negotiate and oversee the lifecycle of International programming contracts (and select geographic regions) for both DISH DBS and Sling TV.
- Develop and enhance relationships with Network partners, acting as the point-person for agreements and related items (e.g. tax forms, payments, operational issues).
- Understand the multicultural television marketplace; review programming opportunities and packaging options.
- Provide deal support and correlate COGS analysis, revenue models, and subscriber trends as needed.
Skills - Experience and Requirements
An ideal candidate would possess the following:
- Bachelor's degree from a four-year college plus five-years work experience.
- Exposure to contracts, legal terms, and long-form agreements.
- Negotiation, presentation, and resolution skills; professional demeanor.
- Sound analytical judgement; excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- Appreciation of foreign cultures. (Ability to speak a foreign language is a plus.)
- Background in the pay television industry.