International Content Lead
Sling TV L.L.C. provides an over-the-top (internet delivered) television experience on TVs, tablets, gaming consoles, computers, smartphones, smart TVs and other streaming devices. Distributed across a variety of strategic device partners, including Google, Amazon, Apple TV, Microsoft, Roku, Samsung, LG, Comcast, and many others, Sling TV offers two primary domestic streaming services that collectively include more than 100 channels of top content. Featured programmers include Disney/ESPN, Fox, NBC, AMC, A&E, EPIX, Starz, NFL Network, NBA TV, NHL Networks, Pac-12 Networks, Hallmark, Viacom, and more. For Spanish-speaking customers, Sling Latino offers a suite of standalone and extra Spanish-programming packages tailored to the U S. Hispanic market. And for those seeking International content, Sling International currently provides more than 300 channels in 20 languages (available across multiple devices) to U.S. households.
Sling TV is the #1 Live TV Streaming Service Sling TV is a next-generation service that meets the entertainment needs of today’s contemporary viewers. Visit www.Sling.com. We are driven by curiosity, pride, adventure, and a desire to win – it’s in our DNA. We’re looking for people with boundless energy, intelligence, and an overwhelming need to achieve to join our team as we embark on the next chapter of our story.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
We are recruiting for a Multicultural Programming Lead (with a focus on Arabic and European languages) to work with and assist the International Programming department. DISH International Programming secures the necessary rights to distribute channels from all over the world to its DBS and Sling TV customers in the United States. The department work is fast paced, with a portfolio of more than 150 contracts to manage and an equivalent amount of annual transactions. Located in: Denver, CO.
Primary responsibilities fall into the following categories:
- Work closely with the International Programming team and DISH legal to develop, review, and close/renew Arabic and European programming agreements
- Manage relationships with Arabic and European programmers, serving as the point of contact for contracts, operations, tax, and payment-related issues
- Provide market intelligence on competitive offerings, explore Arabic and European programming opportunities, and evaluate program content
- Prepare summaries and reports on programmer relationships
- Assist management with deal support, COGS analysis, revenue, and subscriber trends
Skills - Experience and Requirements
A successful multicultural Programming Lead will have the following:
- Graduate degree or five years related experience, or a combined minimum of five-years of education and experience
- Sound analytical skills -- qualitative and quantitative
- Ability to think creatively as well as work both independently and collaborativelyl Excellent interpersonal skills; comfortable communicating with various stakeholders and building strong internal and external business relationships
- Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Keen attention to detail, especially related to reviewing and managing contracts
- Experience (or demonstrated interest in) working with foreign cultures
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite, especially Excel, Word, and PowerPoint