The Image Technician will be responsible for the processing of satellite data into a variety of DigitalGlobe product offerings, and will be able to adjust accordingly to assist various production teams with surging product demands. The Image Technician will have a complete understanding of digital ortho map compilation and quality control as well as knowledge of photogrammetric, image processing, and GIS software. This position also requires the ability to identify areas for improvement in order to increase overall efficiency and quality, as well as effectively communicate and collaborate with various teams around the company.
- Process orthomosaics with DigitalGlobe proprietary software.
- Gain thorough knowledge of DigitalGlobe production procedures and process methods.
- Ensures product offerings are meeting quality standards.
- Maintain organized metrics via spreadsheets or databases and be able to report on metrics accordingly.
- Collaborate with, assist other teams to meet quarterly revenue goals, and provide technical guidance and assistance to internal personnel as required.
- Identify and occasionally develop improvements in efficiency, quality, and risk reduction.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Geography, GIS, or geospatial field and one (1) year related experience
- Or an Associate’s Degree in Geography, GIS, or geospatial field and two (2) years related experience.
- Or a high school diploma with a minimum of three (3) years of related experience in Geography, GIS, or geospatial field.
- Must possess or have the ability to acquire a U.S. Secret clearance.
- Must be a U.S. citizen.
- Complete understanding of digital ortho map compilation and quality control.
- Experience working with Image Processing/Remote Sensing software.
- Ability to troubleshoot software and hardware problems.
- Ability to balance attention to detail with volume.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions and communicate effectively with the team, management, and internal customers.
- Demonstrates enthusiasm, dedication, and commitment, with a strong work ethic
- Knowledge of a variety of operating systems including Windows and Linux.
- History of building positive relationships internally and externally.
DigitalGlobe and Radiant solutions offer a generous compensation package including a competitive salary; choice of medical plan; dental, life, and disability insurance; a 401(K) plan with competitive company match; paid holidays and paid time off.