Executive Writer at Boom Supersonic
| Greater Denver Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 4:22 a.m. (MST) on Saturday, January 23, 2021
About Boom Supersonic
Boom Supersonic is the Denver-based startup bringing supersonic flight back to the skies with Overture. As the world’s fastest airliner, Overture is designed and committed to industry-leading standards of speed, safety and sustainability. Flights twice as fast as today’s commercial airplanes, means we can go twice as far—bringing more people, places, and cultures into our lives.
Boom is the first commercial airplane manufacturer to commit to a carbon-neutral flight test program and to build sustainability into its entire aircraft program. Founded in 2014, Boom has assembled a team of over 140 full-time employees who have made contributions to over 220 air and spacecraft programs.
Are you passionate about building the future of transportation? Help us make aviation history.
We are looking for an Executive Writer to assist Boom with the writing of a range of documents including white papers, presentation decks, grants and related funding proposals as we continue to grow and develop our Overture program as well as seek out new partnerships. The Executive Writer will be responsible for researching and identifying grant and partnership opportunities and developing the strategy and process for the project. Most importantly, the Executive Writer will draft and edit the white paper (academic or commercial), presentation deck, grant or proposal. The position requires incorporating feedback from various stakeholders, adjusting writing style based on type of project, managing multiple projects at the same time, identifying best practices for each type of project, and implementing high attention to detail standards. This position will report directly to the VP of Marketing.
- Research and identify potential grant and partnership opportunities.
- Coordinate requirements and inputs with key stakeholders for grant applications, white papers and presentation decks; prepare recommendation reviews for Senior leadership.
- Identify sources of information, coordinate processes, and identify and communicate risks associated with the project.
- Create and develop projects (grants, whitepapers, presentation decks, proposals etc.) by compiling information including project nature, objectives/outcomes/deliverables, methods, implementation, timelines, staffing, budget, standards of performance, and evaluation.
- Manage drafts by writing, revising, editing all materials including executive summaries, conclusions, and organization credentials.
- Prepare and review text, graphics, and overall project requirements.
- Establish and maintain quality templates; following proposal-writing standards including readability, consistency, and tone; as well as maintaining project support databases.
- Gain approval from leadership by reviewing projects with key providers and project managers.
- Improve project-writing results by evaluating and re-designing processes, approach, coordination, and boilerplate.
- Expand job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; maintaining personal networks.
- Drive organizational goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests, and exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in grant writing, prospect research, general fundraising or comparable and transferable skills in a professional setting
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, Media, or related field
- Proven track record of successful projects (e.g. grants or projects have received funding from government, family foundations or other organizations)
- Strong presentation skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Problem solver with bias for action
- High detailed orientation
- High quality bar
- Market knowledge of the aviation industry or innovation in sustainability is a plus
To conform to U.S. Government aerospace technology export regulations (ITAR and EAR), applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR here (https://www.pmddtc.state.gov/?id=ddtc_public_portal_itar_landing)
Boom is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Want to build a faster future? Come join Boom.
Read Full Job Description