Entertainment Editor - Sling at Sling TV
Sling TV L.L.C. provides an over-the-top (internet delivered) television experience on TVs, tablets, gaming consoles, computers, smartphones, smart TVs and other streaming devices. Distributed across a variety of strategic device partners, including Google, Amazon, Apple TV, Microsoft, Roku, Samsung, LG, Comcast, and many others, Sling TV offers two primary domestic streaming services that collectively include more than 100 channels of top content. Featured programmers include Disney/ESPN, NBC, AMC, A&E, EPIX, NFL Network, NBA TV, NHL Networks, Pac-12 Networks, Hallmark, Viacom, and more. For Spanish-speaking customers, Sling Latino offers a suite of standalone and extra Spanish-programming packages tailored to the U S. Hispanic market. And for those seeking International content, Sling International currently provides more than 300 channels in 20 languages (available across multiple devices) to U.S. households.
Sling TV is the #1 Live TV Streaming Service Sling TV is a next-generation service that meets the entertainment needs of today’s contemporary viewers. Visit www.Sling.com. We are driven by curiosity, pride, adventure, and a desire to win – it’s in our DNA. We’re looking for people with boundless energy, intelligence, and an overwhelming need to achieve to join our team as we embark on the next chapter of our story.
Opportunity is here. We are Sling.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
The Entertainment Curation Lead will be responsible for surfacing the most compelling content to Sling TV users on a daily basis in order to drive viewership and engagement with the Sling TV app. The ideal candidate is a voracious consumer of television – not just Netflix – and has encyclopedic knowledge of current, past, and future TV. Ideal candidate is also a strong writer with an interest in reviewing and otherwise covering TV shows, and is comfortable with analytics tools.
- Determine daily curation choices for all curated (non-sports) ribbons in-app
- Monitor daily viewership, industry and programming trends, recent and upcoming cinematic releases, and current events in order to inform curation choices and identify opportunities for timely ribbons
- Create themed, timely ribbons of content using as many partners as possible to drive engagement and upsell
- Identify and execute on opportunities for In-App merchandising
- Maintain total command/recall of Sling programming, calendar, channels, SVOD and TVOD inventory
- Monitor TVOD sales on a weekly basis to optimize sales through curation
Skills - Experience and Requirements
- College education (BA or higher) and 3+ years professional writing experience; or combination of education and relevant work experience
- Familiarity with web publishing
- Strong interest and knowledge of TV and movies
- Willingness to work with analytics tools to track and optimize performance
- Strong organizational skills