Xero is a beautiful, easy-to-use platform that helps small businesses and their accounting and bookkeeping advisors grow and thrive.
At Xero, our purpose is to make life better for people in small business, their advisors, and communities around the world. This purpose sits at the centre of everything we do. We support our people to do the best work of their lives so that they can help small businesses succeed through better tools, information and connections. Because when they succeed they make a difference, and when millions of small businesses are making a difference, the world is a more beautiful place.
Sales education is the provision of education to our sales employees with the information, content, resources, tools and skills to enable our global sales teams to become trusted growth advisors to our accounting and bookkeeping partners. Sitting within the global sales enablement space, this role involves the production of global sales education materials as well as localization of that content for use by each of the regions. The Sales Education Specialist will look at ways to design content to engage the sales teams.
What you'll do
- Assist with assessment of training needs of employees across the business
- Map out training plans and schedules, design and develop training programs (outsourced or in-house) for sales, sales ops, resellers and others
- Work alongside Sales Enablement Specialists and with internal and external subject matter experts to design, develop and deliver courses that support sales training or sales initiatives
- Design and maintain engaging learning experiences using a variety of delivery methods, digital publishing tools, technologies and techniques, including; multimedia, interactive, immersive and gamified assets and elements
- Maintain quality and brand alignment of training content created within Xero guidelines
- Take feedback from surveys and follow up programs to refine content after initial releaseMaintain a keen understanding of L&D trends, developments and best practices through professional organizations, educational opportunities and personal networks.
- Loads of initiative, ability to collaborate and work autonomously
- Positive, friendly ‘can do’ attitudeAbility to build relationships and negotiate with various stakeholder groups
- Strong project management and planning skills - ability to prioritize and cope with change in a fast paced environment
- Exceptional ability to communicate complex ideas in an easy to understand manner
- Passion and desire to make a difference and a love of all things ‘learning’
- Attention to detail, consistency, organization and follow-up.
- Proven experience in education content design and creation
- A high degree of computer literacy and software knowledge
- Experience in the production of educational material and course structure
- Knowledge of authoring tools such as RISE, Evolve, Adapt Framework or similar
- Experience with curriculum and course design and creation as well as designing learning pathways
- Worked with a diverse range of learning styles with differentiated content.
You will work closely with a global sales enablement community and the relevant product or program specialists, to understand the needs of the regions and subsequently develop effective and relevant course/content requirements for them achieving targets for course efficacy, pass rates, participation and course feedback.
Ultimately you will ensure sales teams have a very high level of confidence in their interactions with partners due to accessibility of training and courses with a focus on activation and learning outcomes. You’ll ensure we see a measurable, continued increase in our share of clients that are running on Xero as a result of the confidence your education inspires in the sales team to do their job with confidence.
Please note this is a global role and subsequently it requires a willingness and ability to be able to sometimes work unconventional hours and times with different regions.
Xero is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Diversity of people brings diversity of thought, and we like that. A collaborative and inclusive environment is important to us. Working at Xero will provide you with a diverse and inclusive environment alongside people who will respect, challenge and support you to have fun while you do the best work of your life. We are a place where personal development, flexible working, innovation, and well-being are not just inspired but celebrated. We value our people and offer a wide range of compelling benefits and perks, including Xero shares.
Xero’s collaborative culture is underscored by our values - #Ownership, #Challenge, #Beautiful, #Human and #Team - which empower us to understand and serve customers, attract top talent and continuously innovate. From the moment you step through our doors, you’ll feel welcome and supported to do the best work of your life.