The students of The Beehive are all children of Guild Education Denver employees. We intend for our program to meet not just the bar for licensing, but to exceed higher-quality standards and practices in facility design, teacher ratios, and operations. The Beehive is located on the 3rd floor of Republic Plaza’s annex building off the 16th Street Mall, adjacent to Guild’s office spaces.
There are many elements of our approach that we will look to our inaugural early childhood team to co-define with us.As the Classroom Lead Teacher you will:
- Join and support a team committed to building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive environment.
- Encourage and foster an inviting, warm and nurturing learning environment.
- Collaborate with leadership and your classroom team to think in a new and different way about employer-based child care.
- Help define and implement a play-based general educational curriculum with developmentally appropriate practices to address physical, emotional, social and cognitive needs of children.
- Collaborate with staff to develop positive learning activities; manage adherence to state and local regulations.
- Assist in selecting resources for and setting up classrooms.
- Use the Brightwheel app to supervise daily student activities and progress and share with families.
- Develop and maintain The Beehive community with staff and families.
- Participate in robust professional learning on site in all aspects of early childhood education to grow your own skills as a learner and a leader.
- Mentor and train new staff as needed.
- Ensure child safety in the classroom, outdoor space and in common areas.
Ideal candidate will have:
- Experience in play-based education including Reggio Emilia inspired and RIE curriculums.
- An understanding of Colorado Licensing Rules and Regulations for childcare centers.
- A passion for individual children’s development as they learn and grow.
- Flexibility and patience to work in a fast-paced, fun, and collaborative new environment.
- Nurturing and caring approach to working with children.
- Strong time management skills.
- Associate's degree or equivalent credits in ECE, Elementary Education, Special Education, Family and Child Development or Child Psychology. Bachelor's degree in ECE or related field preferred.
- ECT qualified.
- 1 or more years of experience working with young children in a licensed setting.
- Willingness to work with children in an expansive environment.
- Flexible availability 7:30 a.m. - 6 p.m. Monday - Friday.
- Prolonged periods standing and walking throughout the classroom.
- Must be able to sit and stand on the floor throughout the day, and bend, kneel, or squat to be at eye level with children.
- Must be able to lift up to 35 lbs. approximately 100 times per day/shift.
- Consistent with its duty to provide and maintain a safe and healthy workplace, The Beehive has adopted a COVID-19 policy to safeguard the health and well-being of our employees, Beehive families, and visitors from the community. As a prospective and/or a new employee of The Beehive, you will be required to comply with our protocol. As a condition of your employment, you must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by your first day of work.
At The Beehive we care about our employees and their wellbeing which is why we offer a range of benefits to help support them and their families. Additionally, we feel passionately about equal pay for equal work, and transparency in compensation is one vehicle to achieve that. Total compensation for this role is market driven, with an hourly rate of $20-$23 as well as Guild company stock options. This is a full-time, non-exempt position. Additional benefits include:
- Access to low cost, high quality health care options through Cigna and Kaiser (CA & CO) including $0 premium family plans and low copays across all of our plans
- Access to a 401k to help save for your future
- We offer education benefits and tuition assistance to help your future development and growth, Including student loan and tuition assistance programs.
- Paid company holidays: New Year’s Day, Martin Luther King Jr. Day, President’s Day, Memorial Day, Juneteenth (June 18th), 4th of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, day after Thanksgiving, Christmas
- 2 weeks of accrued vacation and 10 sick days throughout the year
- Family friendly benefits including 14 weeks of parental leave, employer paid short term and long term disability, employer sponsored life insurance, and fertility care benefits.
- Ability to enroll your age appropriate child in The Beehive, pending availability.
- Well rounded wellness benefits including gym/fitness stipend, transportation and parking reimbursement, and access to free/low cost mental health resources and support services.
- And more!
The Beehive is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. For questions contact [email protected].