Director, Publishing Operations - AspenCore
The Director of Publishing Operations oversees creation and execution of B2B and B2C publications across all platforms. This role is responsible for driving competitive advantage through multi-channel operations with expertise in media and publishing strategy, financial planning, revenue analysis, and internal/external partnerships.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Manage media strategy inclusive of traditional and emerging media platforms – maximizing audience and platform engagement.
- Guide media channel development to support brand investments aligned to organizational goals
- Identify new media and lead continuous improvement solutions to ensure AspenCore's presence meets and exceeds industry standards with best-in-class publishing operations
- Create budgets, plans and revenue goals to maximize commercial potential of the publication set
- Devise guidelines and polices, oversee implementation processes and provide quality control
- Develops deep understanding of usage, competitor products and market trends to maintain forward thinking for product enhancements and/or new developments.
- Collaborate with leadership to develop roadmaps and priorities for strategies
- Assists with identification and creation of content and provides expertise related to specific publications, product set, and positioning
- Gather data and deliver presentations to provide information on market trends, forecasts, and other need to know topics
- Anticipate needs of stakeholders and delegates tasks to team as necessary to keep up with demand
- Provides leadership to managers, supervisors and/or professional staff
- Is accountable for the performance and results of multiple related units
- Develops departmental plans, including business, production and/or organizational priorities
- Controls resources and policy formation in area of responsibility
- Decisions are guided by resource availability and functional objectives
- Looks beyond existing methodologies and own discipline to define and resolve complex problems
- Develops plans and delivers results in fast-changing businesses and/or regulatory environments
Experience / Education
- Typically requires a minimum of 12 years of related experience of publishing operations with a 4-year degree; or 10 years and an advanced degree; or equivalent experience.
- Strong technical and business acumen to drive both commercial and technical product strategy
- Demonstrated track record of driving operational success within the Publishing industry
- Measurable historical success in developing operations to yield revenue growth
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to clearly and confidently communicate to both internal and external stakeholders including Sr. Leadership & Executive Committee
- Budget responsibility and Supervisory experience required