Director, Digital Media & Content at Granicus LLC (Greater Denver Area, CO or Remote)
Who You Are:
- A digital content creator, applying best practices to key message development, evaluation of current client content, and identifying optimization opportunities.
- A human-centered design practitioner, understanding best practices, regardless of technology or use case, and always putting people at the center of your solutions.
- A data-driven thinker, grounding your insights and recommendations for growth in measurable data and context.
- An innovator, leveraging design-thinking and other frameworks to keep our work fresh and help our customers adopt a mindset for change. You drive toward success with a spirit of experimentation and agility.
How We Show Up to Work:
- Demonstrate a polished, professional relationship with colleagues and customers.
- Assume positive intent.
- Be collaborative. Create space for and be open to different expertise and experiences.
- Be dependable and reliable for our customers and our colleagues.
- Be organized and manage your own workload.
- Be proactive. Be willing to jump in, not wait to be told.
- Be willing to try something new, not dependent on documented examples.
- Be empathetic. Consider the human experience, needs and motivations of our customers and our colleagues.
- Be open to feedback. Listen with the same passion with which you want to be heard.
- Be curious. Gather information and knowledge. Consider new ideas and approaches. Consider what you might not know.
- Choose courage over comfort.
- Lead the development of corporate IP, including white papers, blog posts, guides, playbooks, quizzes, toolkits, checklists, videos, podcasts and other market-facing content to establish Granicus and GXG as thought leaders and partners to the next generation of public sector change makers
- Partner with GXG Senior Director, Managers and Leads to ensure cohesion in GXG-specific practice standards, including training content for onboarding new hires, expanding team's skillsets, or ensuring continuity of delivery as team expands.
- Create and manage an internal content library.
- Build a content strategy and roadmap for a public-facing content hub
- Oversee the GXG editorial calendar in collaboration with the GXG leadership
- Manage a pool of internal and contract writers, including their schedules and workloads, with coaching as needed; help identify and onboard new writers.
- Lead the development of new templates for Granicus solutions content, including customer pitches, project kickoffs, project plans, key deliverables, dashboards, and strategic account reviews
- Demonstrate an understanding of how projects operate and how that connects to GXG's overall business health and metrics.
- Represent Granicus in speaking roles, panel participation, and internal or external engagements
- Minimum 10 years’ of recent experience in writing, editing, content production and editorial management; background in public sector and/or journalism preferred; expertise in digital content strategy and experience
- Experience in the development and successful execution of content strategies. Demonstrated ability to shape stories and content with data.
- Creative thinker, who can work with our subject-matter experts to shape original, provocative, and compelling story lines.
- Self-motivated, flexible problem solver, who can keep the trains running (managing the routine) but can also adapt quickly and find alternative ways to get the work done
- Ability to act as a trusted, strategic adviser to top professionals; experience in collaborating with and managing expectations of senior business leaders a plus
- Passion for public service, citizen engagement and communication
- Expert in core CX skills, ie. journey mapping, ecosystem mapping, human-centered design, quantitative and qualitative research methodologies, etc.
- 10+ years of consulting experience with CX tasks such as strategy, design, journey mapping, etc. ideally supporting a government client
- Exceptional interpersonal skills for internal and external relationship building at all levels of the organization, including cross-departmental colleagues, C-suite and clients
- Ability to thrive in a lean, self-propelling, proactive environment
- Commitment to diversity of thought and consideration of different ideas
- BA/BS degree or equivalent
- Prior to the shutdown for the Covid-19 pandemic, GXG staff were expected to be available for on-site customer meetings with our federal, state and local customers. This included travel in some instances. As our customers' expectations and responses to the pandemic continue to evolve, GXG team members may once again be expected to be available for in-person customer meetings.