Director of Clinical Education at DispatchHealth
DispatchHealth is the leading provider of mobile, high-acuity healthcare services in the United States. DispatchHealth has created an integrated, high-value delivery solution that provides exceptional care in the home through technology, convenience and service. The organization focuses on the Quadruple Aim of enhanced patient experience, improved health outcomes, lowering healthcare costs, and superb provider experience. Our vision is to create the most advanced and complete in-home care model in the world. Our innovative model allows our emergency medicine trained clinicians to provide definitive care in the home to treat common to complex injuries and illnesses. We provide whole person care by facilitating timely follow up and care coordination. Our providers love working at DispatchHealth because of the high-quality care they can provide, the value of the delivery model and the appreciation from our patients.
DispatchHealth is searching for a Director of Education & Clinical Excellence. This position works with the clinical leadership team, as part of the Clinical Center of Excellence, to enhance, develop, and oversee educational programs to improve clinical competencies and knowledge base for our clinical staff. Training and empowering our providers with resources and evidenced-based learning opportunities translates to exceptional patient care delivery through our unique and innovative care delivery model. This role will help define standards and scope of practice, evaluate competencies, and develop training programs to ensure our interprofessional teams are optimally prepared to excel in innovative roles and function at the top of their scope. The Director of Education & Clinical Excellence will champion continuous learning, collaborate to develop the vision for a robust, evidenced-based curricula, provide our teams with standardized orientation and continuing education opportunities and create objective and measurable goals for their team that align with the strategic initiatives of the organization.
The Director of Education & Clinical Excellence will work closely and collaborate with all areas of the organization that impact clinical care delivery. This role is integral to the creation and organization of clinical education and content development for multiple service lines and multidisciplinary teams through a shared services model.
This leadership role is for someone who is process oriented, organized, innovative, and has a passion for learning, teaching and advancing knowledge of clinicians. The Director of Education & Clinical Excellence will also be responsible for the creation of education and training for new care delivery models such as tele-presentation, bedside ultrasound, and future technological enhancements to care delivery. Over time, the Director of Education & Clinical Excellence Operations will develop and be responsible for a team of Advanced Practice Providers, DispatchHealth Medical Technicians and other medical staff, whose primary focus is to improve the foundation of knowledge and ensure practice consistency throughout the organization.
DispatchHealth is one of the few organizations in healthcare that achieves the quadruple aim of improving outcomes, improving experiences for patients and providers, and lowering costs. You will be part of a team that strives every day to meet these goals.
- Champion continuous learning and work collaboratively with clinical leadership to develop a robust clinical education program
- Develop and oversee educational programs to evaluate and improve clinical competencies, knowledge base and skill development for our entire clinical staff
- Define standards and develop training programs to ensure our interprofessional teams are optimally prepared to excel and function at the top of their scope
- Create and optimize scalable solutions for training, onboarding, continuing education and advancing clinical competencies for all service lines
- Create objective and measurable goals for their team that align with the strategic initiatives of the organization
- Works collaboratively with Quality and Safety team, CARE team, Product and Dev, RCM, and clinical operations leadership
- Empower our providers with resources and evidenced-based learning opportunities to ensure quality, evidenced-based and meaningful care is delivered that aligns with The DispatchWay
- Advanced Practice degree- NP, PA or CNS preferred
- Prior director-level experience and background in education and teaching
- Clinical expertise in acute and emergency care delivery
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent computer skills and familiarity with Learning Management Systems
- Ability to work independently and collaborate with teams
- 2+ years of Leadership experience
- Career growth and development
- Opportunity to help define and contribute to the Clinical Center of Excellence
- Change leader
- Collaborative relationships across the organization
Practicing The DispatchWay:
- Courageous advocates for patients and each other.
- Clinical innovation with quality and safety top of mind.
- Providing exceptional care by meeting people where they are.
Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job; however, this job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job.