Digital Editor in Chief
Are you data-driven? We at NetApp believe in the transformative power of data – to expand customer touchpoints, to foster greater innovation, and to optimize operations. We are designed for simplicity, optimized to protect, created to embrace future opportunity, and open to enrich choice. We are the data authority for hybrid cloud, and we are helping our customers realize the full potential of their data.
We’ve built a Data Fabric for a data-driven world – to simplify and integrate data management across the resources that are best for the business. With the Data Fabric, our customers can harness the power of cloud data services, build cloud infrastructures, and modernize storage through data management.
By building cloud infrastructures, customers get the scale and quality of service that modern applications require. Only NetApp can help organizations focus on the business at hand when they develop a zero-touch infrastructure that manages apps, data and services as one integrated resource supporting both public and private clouds.
Throughout the world, leading organizations count on NetApp for software, systems and services to store, manage, protect, and retain one of their most precious assets: their data. We enable enterprises, service providers and partners to envision, deploy, and evolve their IT environments. Customers benefit from our open collaboration with other technology leaders to create the specific solutions they need. We were incorporated in 1992 and created the world’s first networked storage appliance. Today, we offer a portfolio of products and services that satisfy a broad range of customer workloads across different data types and deployment models.
The Digital Editor In Chief (EIC) is a creative leader who thrives on empowering digital teams to create and produce high-value content. This EIC works closely with Marketing Executive Leaders and the Digital Team to set editorial vision and strategy for digital copy and UX in alignment with messaging, brand, and business goals. Equally motivated by creative excellence, audience needs, and ROI; this leader curates’ crisp copy, develops clear story briefs, assigns the work to the right team of content creators, tweaks headlines and copy as needed, and ensures an optimal digital experience.
The Digital EIC thinks in narratives, distills complex technical concepts into relatable and jargon-free copy, and builds connective tissue from ideation to digital execution. This person also has a deep understanding of B2B digital experience principles and inspires cross-team participation.
NetApp’s Digital EIC will spearhead digital copy needs, empowering NetApp’s digital team to roll out a seamless digital experience.
You are: Strategic. Creative. Analytical. An Influencer and Advocate. Dynamic. Data-driven. You are a strategic thinker at your core, and a fearless leader who can bring the best out of teams and peers. You know how to push without being pushy and you thrive in complex environments. You have an integrated marketing mindset, passion for creative excellence in storytelling, both visual and written, with solid experience in content strategy, SEO, SEM, measurement & analytics, project/campaign and agency management.
You will work with Digital and Marketing Executives to create a compelling digital experience. You will weave messaging, high-quality copy, and brand vision into a comprehensive creative brief and enable the team to activate across our owned channels. To do this you will:
- Drive the creation and maintenance process for high quality copy across our .com experience.
- Own the creation and execution of the creative brief and kicking-off copy projects
- Direct cross-functional, cross-organizational teams, vendors, and agencies in developing high-quality, globally relevant copy.
- Maintain a working list of pages that need updated, edited, and improved copy.
- Develop and execute on strategies for integrated copy and messaging that helps NetApp grow share of mind and voice as the Data Authority in Hybrid Cloud.
- Produce monthly/quarterly reporting and regular communications to key stakeholders
- Create copy blocks, headlines, and enablement kits to enable the digital team to quickly update and create new content.
- Provide editorial leadership
- 10+ years marketing experience, including a focus on digital execution
- 6+ years writing and/or editing experience with a portfolio showing how you’ve changed boring copy into engaging content
- Agency, newsroom or technology experience a plus
- Excellent oral and written skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Loves using data to make smart editorial decisions
- Strong project and program management skills
- Ability to build, manage and influence distributed teams
- Ability to work within tight deadlines, adjust to changes in priorities, and balance short-term needs with long-term strategic initiatives
- A natural problem solver who's open to experimentation and comfortable
with a "fail fast" mentality
- Ability to interface effectively with and influence all levels of management and functional disciplines
- Expert knowledge of writing, editing, proof-reading, and style guides
- Basic understanding of the IT industry, offering categories and NetApp offerings/strategy
Typically requires a minimum of 5 years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree; or 3 years and a Master’s degree; or a PhD without experience; or equivalent work experience.
So get ready to tap into the data visionary within, and join us as we accelerate digital transformation and empower our customers to change the world with data!
If you ask a NetApp employee why they work here, the answer is inevitably the same: the people. At NetApp, our culture is at the heart of what we do. We place importance in trust, integrity, teamwork, and caring above all else. NetApp is a place where people are empowered to make a difference. Empowered to innovate. Empowered to collaborate. Empowered to help ourselves and others be data-driven and change the world. We take care of each other, our customers, our partners, and our communities simply because it’s the right thing to do.
We work hard but also recognize the importance of work-life balance for our employees because what’s important to them is important to us! Recently we implemented Family First, which encourages employees to take paid time off to bond with a new child (through birth or adoption) or to care for a family member with a serious health condition. Our volunteer time off program is best in class, offering employees 40 hours of paid time off per year to donate their time with their favorite organizations. We provide comprehensive medical, dental, wellness and vision plans for you and your family. We offer educational assistance, legal services, and access to discounts and fitness centers. We also offer financial savings programs to help you plan for your future.
Join us and see what empowerment can do.