Digital Content Producer at Angi
Angi® is the home for everything home. From repairs and renovations to products and financing, Angi is transforming every touch point in home services. With over 25 years of experience and a network of nearly 250,000 pros, we have helped more than 150 million people with their home needs. Our products and technology help our customers love where they live while helping small businesses grow and thrive. We believe the home is the most important place on earth and we are at the beginning of our ambitious journey to redefine how people care for their homes - join us!
Angi is looking for an experienced digital Content Producer to join our Content & Editorial team. We’re building best-in-class digital content for our users and looking for a detail-oriented producer with an interest in all things home to support our growing team. This position will work out of one of our offices in Denver, New York, Chicago or Indianapolis, though remote work may be considered for the right candidate.
In this role, you’ll be responsible for producing, building and updating content across HomeAdvisor.com, ensuring all content is formatted correctly, reviewing and adding internal/external links, and reviewing URLs after publication. The Content Producer will also play a key role in our upcoming CMS migration, ensuring that legacy content renders completely and correctly. HomeAdvisor currently uses WordPress and an internal CMS that requires the use of clean and accurate HTML5 for rendering.
What you’ll do:
- Uploading, updating and publishing content in our CMS
- Coordinating with Content Editors to ensure edits were published correctly
- Updating stock photography and uploading infographics as needed
- Fixing broken links, broken HTML and other formatting issues
- Flagging low-quality content for review by Content Editors
- Ensuring SEO elements like meta data and JSON schema markup are implemented correctly – building when necessary
- Adding shortcodes that speak to existing CSS elements for the correct rendering of interactive or dynamic elements
Who you are:
- Extremely organized & detail-oriented: You are able to work quickly while maintaining accuracy; can easily spot errors or discrepancies in content
- Efficient & productive: You get a lot of things done, but you get the right things done first and are comfortable working at scale.
- High ownership: You are comfortable working independently, take pride in your work and are mindful of deadlines.
- Teamwork & positive attitude: You work collaboratively with a positive and can-do approach to opportunities and challenges to get the right things done quickly.
Skills and experience needed for success:
- 1+ years of experience working with content management systems, preferably at a media publisher or similar.
- Experience in content management systems; experience working in a headless CMS a plus.
- Experience with Google Docs or other editing tools preferred.
- SEO knowledge and experience a plus.
- Familiarity with project management tools such as Monday.com
- A degree in English, Communications, Journalism or a related degree preferred, but equivalent experience will be seriously considered.
Compensation & Benefits:
- The salary band for this position ranges from $40,000 - $65,000, commensurate with experience and performance. Compensation may vary based on factors such as cost of living.
- This position will be eligible for a competitive year end performance bonus.
- Full medical, dental, vision package to fit your needs
- Flexible vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it
- Pet discount plans & retirement plan with company match (401K)
- The rare opportunity to work with sharp, motivated teammates solving some of the most unique challenges and changing the world