Data Science Journalist at Alteryx, Inc.
Why work for just any analytics company? At Alteryx Inc., we are explorers, dreamers and innovators. We’re on a journey to build the best analytics platform in the world, but we can’t do it without people like you, leading the way. Forget the stereotypical tech companies of the past. Embrace the unconventional, exercise your imagination and help alter the future with Alteryx.
As a Data Science Journalist on the Community team, your mission will be to educate, inform, entertain, and delight your audience. Your audience will include a fanatic base of 100,000+ Alteryx Community users as well as data science enthusiasts around the world. Tools at your disposal to get your message across include the Alteryx Community blog, the Alter Everything podcast, and the Alteryx YouTube channel. Your voice will help establish Alteryx as a data science authority. If you love data science and love to transform technical knowledge and research into engaging content for the masses – this is the job for you.
Responsibilities will include:
- Independently researching and interviewing experts for the creation data science-related content for video and podcast.
- Blogging monthly about the latest in data science and the Alteryx platform.
- Analyzing open source data to create practical examples that demonstrate data science techniques and concepts.
- Learning to use the Alteryx data science and analytics platform and disseminating that learning.
- Working with the development team and data science team to understand the inner workings of the platform.
- Working with leaders across departments to understand overall company strategy in order to inform content strategy.
- Contributing to the editorial strategy.
- Analyzing community data to better understand audience and drive audience growth.
- Making sure the Community team remains a fun place to work.
- Excellent writing skills. Be prepared to provide a writing sample (e.g., personal blog post).
- Must love to create and share.
- Well-versed in creating multimedia examples (gif, video).
- Some practical data science experience.
- Good research skills and solid understanding of leading data science outlets.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- STEM master’s degree.
- Flare for graphic design.
- Blogging, vlogging, or podcasting experience.
- Fluency in a second (non-English) language a plus.