You'll report to the Senior Director, Communications and work alongside a global band of PR and comms gurus and agencies as you build an all-encompassing editorial strategy together with established writing teams at Freshworks.
Freshworks is taking a fresh approach to software and shaking up the customer support, IT service management and CRM markets. We went public in September 2021 and want you to help make Freshworks as relentlessly fascinating as our category (and company) continues to transform!
- Mastermind an earned content strategy that goes beyond our core b2b buying audiences to help build us a brand your mom would recognize and maybe even get excited about.
- Mind-meld with the leadership team and a squad of comms experts and PR agencies to cook up energizing messaging and sticky talking points for Freshworks executives.
- Sniff out the next big trends that could fit our brand and product slate, and craft top notch content -- press releases, speeches, interviews, bylined articles -- that tells a meaningful story in that context.
- Piece together stellar stories from offhand mentions in conference calls, watercooler talk with execs, and Slack fragments with the extended marketing teams (campaigns, product, customer), sales, customer success, product, HR and, heck, the whole company.
- 6+ years experience writing for a media outlet you love or at a dynamic corporation that inspired you to do your best work
- Proven superhero-like ability to near-instantly grok and reformulate the value of IT software products in a gripping way for buying audiences and non-technical humans
- Team player energized by swapping ideas with others and the confidence to pitch it to a chief product or marketing officer
- Hustle mindset to track down and synthesize technical information to create delightful content, or extrapolate a story in one form and translate it into another
- Knowledge of PR and media relations function--more than enough to be dangerous
- Lights-out copyediting hawkeye. You're the person your accountant calls for the last read.
- Knowledge of SEO to focus on building content that brings in the bucks
At Freshworks, we are creating a global workplace that enables everyone to find their true potential, purpose and passion, irrespective of their background, gender, race, sexual orientation, religion or ethnicity. We are committed to providing equal opportunity for all and believe that diversity in the workplace creates a more vibrant, richer work environment that advances the goals of our employees, our communities and our business.
Freshworks provides intelligent customer engagement software for businesses of all sizes, making it easy for teams to acquire, close, and support their customers for life. Freshworks products help business support employees so they can better serve their customers. Our products are ready to go, easy to use, and offer a quick return on investment.
Freshworks' suite of products transform the way world class organizations collaborate with customers and co-workers, includes Freshdesk (Omni-channel customer support), Freshservice (IT Service Desk), Freshsales CRM (Intuitive fully-integrated CRM and marketing automation), Freshteam (HR Management System for growing teams), Freshchat (Modern messaging software) and Freshcaller (Cloud PBX system).
More than 50,000 businesses, including Discover, Honda, Hugo Boss, Klarna, Manchester United, Puma, and TaylorMade, trust Freshworks to increase their customer's lifetime value. In addition, Freshworks has received numerous accolades, ranking #16 on the prestigious Forbes' Cloud 100 and #22 on the Battery Ventures/Glassdoor Best Places to Work list.
Headquartered in San Mateo, California, Freshworks has a dedicated global team operating from 13 offices to serve our customers throughout the world. Freshworks is backed by the world's leading investors including Accel, CapitalG, Sequoia Capital and Tiger Global Management. For more information visit www.freshworks.com.