SonderMind is looking to add a Copywriter/ Editor to support our growth. As a Copywriter/Editor you will uphold and build upon a clear, consistent, and articulate voice for SonderMind across all audience-facing messaging.
Our Ideal Candidate
Are you a creative and exceptional communicator? Can you switch gears from surprising, to approachable, or graceful, all while presenting difficult topics? Are you passionate about dashes, em dashes, and serial commas? What do you say to people who still put two spaces after periods? OK, lets talk deadlines, can you handle three of them? By noon? Did you spot the missing apostrophe in ‘let's’ one sentence back? If you're on board so far then read on.
We're looking for a natural problem solver and self-starter who can fly solo and manage their own workload--and get along with others in a fast-paced but collaborative environment. You are a meticulous editor with astute attention to detail, mastery of AP style, and an ability to produce content on deadline with ease. And, you understand how your copy directly ties to marketing strategies and can impactfully craft messaging to support various marketing campaigns and tactics.
- Within one month, quickly get up to speed on the SonderMind brand and work cross functionally to produce effective marketing copy for a variety of channels.
- Within three months, establish the tone and core voice for the SonderMind brand, working closely with key brand and messaging team members.
- Within six months, Become the expert on the SonderMind voice, permeating all audience-facing materials across every marketing and communications channel, leading a team of content writers, either internal or contracted.
- BA/BS in journalism, english, communications, public relations or related field.
- 5+ years of professional work experience as a copywriter, copy editor, journalist, or writing-based job function.
- Basic and fundamental knowledge of SEO copywriting and best practices
- Advanced and demonstrated knowledge of commonly used style guides, including but not limited to AP, APA, AMA, Chicago, and MLA
Nice to haves
- Healthcare/clinical writing experience
- Deep understanding of SEO best practices
- Experience working within a marketing or communications team, or for a marketing/advertising/PR or related agency
- This role is located in Denver, CO and is a full-time, exempt position
- Starting salary range is $55,000.00
- This role will be eligible to participate in the following:
- full employee benefits package
- employee stock option purchase plan
- variable performance-based bonus incentives
To apply please submit your resume, cover letter, and portfolio link In your cover letter, please explain how this role fits into your career goals and experience.
Commitment to an Inclusive Workplace
Mental wellness impacts people of every community. At SonderMind, building and supporting a diverse workforce is foundational to our goal to redesign behavioral healthcare to be more approachable and accessible. SonderMind is a committed equal opportunity employer and provides a workplace that will not tolerate discrimination or harassment.
Our employees may be exposed to sensitive personal information throughout their regular duties. For this reason, we maintain exceptionally high expectations of ethical conduct and require all incoming employees to pass a background check.
Our Employee Benefits Philosophy
As a leader in redesigning behavioral health we are walking the walk with our employee benefits package. We focus on meeting SonderMinders wherever they are and supporting them in all facets of their life with both mental and physical aspects in mind. Where most companies say "good enough" we ask ourselves "how can we do better." That includes:
- Therapy coverage benefits to enable our employees to get the care they need
- Employer-paid disability & AD&D to cover life's unexpected - not only that, we cover the difference in salary for up to Eight weeks of short-term disability leave
- Eight weeks of paid parental leave (if the parent also qualifies for STD, this benefit is in addition)
- A generous PTO policy and a company mandate of at MINIMUM three-weeks of PTO a year; flexible work-from-home policy
- A commitment to reward our team members for the long-term success and growth of SonderMind with stock option grants and bonus potential
- Competitive market salary, up-to 4% salary company match on 401K, professional development and advancement opportunities as we rapidly scale, and so much more.