Copywriter at Hotel Engine
Hotel Engine is the world’s largest Lodging Performance Network, established to create a richer, more rewarding business travel experience by connecting a global network of businesses and lodging partners. Our innovative travel-tech company is on an incredible growth trajectory and will continue to build on our strong foundations by bringing our customer obsession, data-driven problem-solving, and bias for action into every decision we make.
In December of 2021, we closed our series B funding round with a $1.3 billion valuation, and that’s just the beginning. We expect 2022 to be our best year yet.
Working hard behind the scenes building and supporting our platform are exceptional people–from our large engineering and product teams to our fast-growing sales, supplier, and member support orgs, to our data, marketing, and operations teams.
We value our individuality, and we also understand that together, we thrive. Most importantly, we know we’re not for everyone! We’re focused on finding the right people who are energized by our culture, with diverse experiences and backgrounds that will help us unlock our full potential. Complacency doesn’t live here. We’ve built a team of world-class people who really want to work with other world-class people. Click here to view our DNA, and if you like what you see, please, read on!
We are looking for a skilled Copywriter to add to our rapidly growing team! This individual will be the go-to person within our organization for copy projects across every department. You will get to know our business, tone, and voice like the back of your hand, and be the final eyes on all customer-facing materials. This opportunity is a key role within the marketing team and this person will have the exciting opportunity to cultivate our brand voice alongside the Content and SEO Manager.
The right candidate for this role will be exceptionally proactive, goal oriented, possess extraordinary attention to detail, and have outstanding writing skills in a variety of mediums. If you are agile, nimble, obsessed with finding creative ways to communicate, and have bias to action we want to talk to you 😉
Here’s what you’ll do:
- Drive execution of key content supporting the growth of Hotel Engine’s brand in the market
- Interpret creative briefs and requests to develop and produce creative concepts and collateral
- Research and understand Hotel Engine’s target audiences, through online searches, reviews of existing research, interviews with subject matter experts, and in-person meetings
- Write original copy and edit content for a range of corporate marketing and communications materials
- Continually raise the bar on creativity, writing fresh copy that connects with the desired audience and drives action
- Comfortably vary voice, style, and other characteristics demanded by the industry, company, or target audience at hand
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of communication and client-related industry trends
- Stay updated on appropriate style guidelines and brand voice for consistency in messaging
- Collaborate with a team of creative staff from concept development to delivery of final product
- Present copy concepts and final deliverables to internal team
- Revise copy based on internal and client feedback/direction
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- Minimum 5 years professional copywriting experience with solid portfolio of work on a variety of different mediums (email, flyers, websites, ads, etc.)
- Exceptional research skills
- Exceptional editing skills
- Content marketing experience a plus
- Thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative environment with a high-volume workload, sometimes requiring short turnaround times
- Ability to work independently and with a team to meet deadlines
- Excellent organizational skill and multitasking ability
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, WordPress, HubSpot and the Adobe Suite is preferred
- A keen eye for detail and appreciation of great design, along with the ability to tailor copy to fit distinctive design templates
- Experience working for B2B Technology or SaaS
- A love of all things travel and hospitality
- The total cash compensation for this role is $75,000 - $85,000/year. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors, including prior experience, expertise & may vary from the amount above.
- This role is eligible for remote work. Hotel Engine is authorized to do business in AZ, CA, CO, CT, FL, NC, NJ, NY, OH, PA, SC, TN, TX, UT & WA. If you are not located in or able to work from a state where Hotel Engine is registered, you will not be eligible for employment. Please speak with your recruiter to learn more.
Hotel Engine Total Rewards Philosophy | We recognize that there is more to work than day-to-day responsibilities. Hotel Engine has been recognized on Built-in Colorado’s Best Places to Work list 3 years in a row (2020-2022) for our positive culture and robust growth opportunities.
As a company, we’re also dedicated to giving back to our greater community, and have comprehensive corporate social responsibility programs supporting community, social justice and environmental causes. In addition to a collaborative, high-performing team environment, we’re pleased to offer benefits including:
- Competitive base salaries
- Annual performance bonuses
- Stock options for all associates + performance-based stock options
- Insurance benefits including medical coverage (with a plan available at no cost to employees) + 100% paid dental and vision insurance
- 401(k) plan with a match program
- Unlimited PTO + 2 paid days each year to volunteer with your favorite non-profit
- Paid parental leave and family medical leave
- Hotel discounts through our exclusive platform
- The ability to make a real impact in an incredibly fast-growing organization; you’ll never be just another cog in the wheel.