SonderMind is looking to hire a Contracting Specialist to support our growing payor contracting team. In this role, you will work cross functionally to ensure that contracts get processed completely and quickly and that we maintain compliant, administratively complete and positive contractual relationships with our payor partners. You will be responsible for keeping our contracting records organized, developing processes for a quick and efficient review of contracts with our Legal team, managing the application and contracting process for net new contracts, and partnering with Revenue Operations and Credentialing on processes to maintain compliance and ensure strong working relationships with our payor partners ongoing.
Our Ideal Candidate
You enjoy creating structure and processes and are a builder and problem-solver at heart. You bring a high level of attention to detail in your work, and are eager to learn more about negotiation, contracting language, account management, and partnering with cross-functional groups to ensure SonderMind can meet its goals through its payor partnerships. Importantly - you are diligent and creative and always looking for new solutions to meet departmental goals and are willing to ‘think outside the box’ or question the status quo regularly in order to redesign the way payors and SonderMind interact.
- Within one week, understand the contracting life cycle and the application and payor contract management steps and systems within SonderMind
- Within two weeks, be able to manage a portfolio of payor contracts (either net new or existing) including understanding the application and contract language and key terms, owning activities needed to operationalize or renew the contract, and identifying and resolving issues
- Within one month, be adept at SonderMind’s current application and contracting life cycle and design and contribute to process improvements across the life cycle
- Within two months, identify strategic insights and recommendations related to a portfolio of payor contracts and/or the departmental processes holistically, in order to support SonderMind in meeting its company goals
- Knowledge of insurance plans and contractual arrangements within healthcare
- At least 1 year of contracting or relevant experience
- Extremely high attention to detail
- Strong interest in systems and processes
- Experience working within CRMs and contract management tools
- Comfort and interest in working in a fast-paced, ever evolving environment
Nice to Have
- Demonstrated success in contract management and negotiation
- Experience in a start-up environment
- Experience implementing new tools/systems to drive workflow efficiency
- This is a full-time, exempt position
- Starting salary range for this role is $50,000. Actual title and compensation are commensurate with experience and skills.
- This role will be eligible to participate in the following:
- full employee benefits package
- employee stock option purchase plan
- variable performance-based bonus incentives
To apply please submit your resume and cover letter. In your cover letter, please explain how this role fits into your career goals and experience.
Commitment to an Inclusive Workplace
Mental wellness impacts people of every community. At SonderMind, building and supporting a diverse workforce is foundational to our goal to redesign behavioral healthcare to be more approachable and accessible. SonderMind is a committed equal opportunity employer and provides a workplace that will not tolerate discrimination or harassment.
Our employees may be exposed to sensitive personal information throughout their regular duties. For this reason, we maintain exceptionally high expectations of ethical conduct and require all incoming employees to pass a background check.
Our Employee Benefits Philosophy
As a leader in redesigning behavioral health we are walking the walk with our employee benefits package. We focus on meeting SonderMinders wherever they are and supporting them in all facets of their life with both mental and physical aspects in mind. Where most companies say "good enough" we ask ourselves "how can we do better." That includes:
- Therapy coverage benefits to enable our employees to get the care they need
- Employer-paid disability & AD&D to cover life's unexpected - not only that, we cover the difference in salary for up to Eight weeks of short-term disability leave
- Eight weeks of paid parental leave (if the parent also qualifies for STD, this benefit is in addition)
- A generous PTO policy and a company mandate of at MINIMUM three-weeks of PTO a year; flexible work-from-home policy
- A commitment to reward our team members for the long-term success and growth of SonderMind with stock option grants and bonus potential
- Competitive market salary, up-to 4% salary company match on 401K, professional development and advancement opportunities as we rapidly scale, and so much more.