Angi® is the home for everything home. From repairs and renovations to products and financing, Angi is transforming every touch point in home services. With over 25 years of experience and a network of nearly 250,000 pros, we have helped more than 150 million people with their home needs. Our products and technology help our customers love where they live while helping small businesses grow and thrive. We believe the home is the most important place on earth and we are at the beginning of our ambitious journey to redefine how people care for their homes - join us!
About the Role
Are you a versatile writer with journalist’s knack for storytelling and a content marketer’s passion for concise, compelling content that converts? Angi is looking for a skilled content writer to help tell our story and inform and engage our audience through articles, emails, advertisements and more.
As a writer on the branded content team, you’ll collaborate closely with the director of content development, content writers, graphic designers and other departments to create and refine content for both the Angi and HomeAdvisor brands — developing assets to inform, attract, retain and convert an audience of homeowners and home service professionals in a fast-moving, deadline-driven environment.
You’ll bring a passion for creating valuable, relevant and consistent content, as well as an appreciation for the role of content in building brand recognition and driving profitable customer action. And, you’ll be as comfortable writing an entertaining listicle-style blog post as you are distilling information for landing pages and interviewing sources to spotlight the stories and successes of our customers and service professionals.
What you’ll do:
- In alignment with business objectives, write content about a variety of topics for multiple platforms
- Collaborate closely with project stakeholders and team members to brainstorm and develop content ideas
- Write original headlines and concise body copy to inform and engage both consumer and B2B audiences
- Research stories and interview sources internally and externally
- Edit and proofread owned and contributed content for accuracy, organization, grammar, mechanics, spelling and cohesion with brand voice
- Manage time and tasks to meet multiple deadlines
- Contribute and adhere to established style guides and editorial guidelines
- Follow trends in the home industry and help communicate them in engaging ways
Who you are:
- 1-3 years’ professional writing experience
- A working knowledge of content marketing principles, practices and techniques
- A demonstrated ability to write concise and compelling content for diverse audiences and diverse platforms
- Excellent interviewing, fact-checking and research skills
- An eagle eye for grammatical and spelling errors
- Critical thinking, audience empathy and a keen talent for finding and keeping the focus in every story
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to write in a variety of voices and tones — and to bring a fresh perspective to recurring assignments and topics
- Familiarity with AP style and SEO practices
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, English or related field preferred
- Previous experience working with an editor in a corporate or agency environment preferred
Compensation & Benefits:
- The salary band for this position ranges from $45,000-$55,000, commensurate with experience and performance. Compensation may vary based on factors such as cost of living.
- This position will be eligible for a competitive year end performance bonus & equity package
- Full medical, dental, vision package to fit your needs
- Flexible vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it
- Pet discount plans & retirement plan with company match (401K)
- The rare opportunity to work with sharp, motivated teammates solving some of the most unique challenges and changing the world