Angi® is the home for everything home. From repairs and renovations to products and financing, Angi is transforming every touch point in home services. With over 25 years of experience and a network of nearly 250,000 pros, we have helped more than 150 million people with their home needs. Our products and technology help our customers love where they live while helping small businesses grow and thrive. We believe the home is the most important place on earth and we are at the beginning of our ambitious journey to redefine how people care for their homes - join us!
What you’ll do:
Angi is looking for an experienced Content Researcher to join our Content & Editorial team. We’re building best-in-class digital content for our users and providing in-depth keyword and category research to our writers and editors is a key part of our process. This position will work out of one of our offices in Denver, New York, Chicago or Indianapolis, though remote work may be considered for the right candidate.
In this role, you will be responsible for creating briefs for new content, as well as briefs to suggest improvements previously published articles. Through in-depth keyword research and competitive analysis, you will be creating comprehensive guidelines, including suggested headlines, meta data, subheadings, and priority keywords that will be shared with writers and editors.
Additionally, your responsibilities will include:
- Researching and writing content briefs for new content and article updates
- Writing briefs for on-page assets such as illustrations or photography
- Creating guidelines for various content categories (ex: Top 10 Lists, How-to articles)
- Reviewing existing articles on a variety of home topics and flagging outdated information or visuals
- Coming up with and pitching new content ideas based on research and data
- Ensuring content satisfies user intent by being insightful, useful, relevant, engaging, and ultimately more helpful than any other content online
- Performing relevant SEO workflows and deliverables as it relates to content:
- Keyword Research
- On-Page Optimization (titles, H1s, URLs, etc)
- User Engagement & Experience
- Content Briefs
- Content Audits & Gap Analysis Reports
- Performance Reporting
Qualities we are searching for:
- Extremely organized & detail-oriented: You enjoy juggling multiple projects and have an eye for subtle differences in closely related topics.
- Efficient & productive: You get a lot of things done and can identify ways to optimize your workflow to meet deadlines.
- Passionate & curious: You are someone who is genuinely curious about how and why people search, has a deep understanding of core SEO concepts, and a drive to constantly learn about new topics.
- Results-driven: You are focused on achieving results, setting ambitious goals, and able to prioritize appropriately by understanding the balance of value.
- Innovative: constantly focused on improving, growing, and coming up with new ways to grow and propel our content.
- Teamwork & positive attitude: You work collaboratively with a positive and can-do approach to opportunities and challenges to get the right things done quickly.
- 3+ years of experience with creating and/or editing content for the web.
- SEO knowledge and experience required.
- Demonstrates a track record of improving content for the web and a passion for researching and creating content.
- Experience with industry tools and analytics required: Google Analytics, Google Search Console, Google Keyword Planner, SEMRush, Ahrefs.
- A degree in English, Technical Writing, Communications, Journalism or a related degree preferred, but equivalent experience will be seriously considered.
- Quantitative and pragmatic qualities a plus.
- Excel experience strongly recommended.
- UX or UI for SEO experience and best practice knowledge a plus.
- Familiarity with project management tools such as Monday.com.
Compensation & Benefits:
- The salary band for this position ranges from $40,000-$85,000, commensurate with experience and performance. Compensation may vary based on factors such as cost of living.
- This position will be eligible for a competitive year end performance bonus & equity package.
- Full medical, dental, vision package to fit your needs
- Flexible vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it
- Pet discount plans & retirement plan with company match (401K)
- The rare opportunity to work with sharp, motivated teammates solving some of the most unique challenges and changing the world