Content Operations Specialist at Sling TV
Sling TV L.L.C. provides an over-the-top (internet delivered) television experience on TVs, tablets, gaming consoles, computers, smartphones, smart TVs and other streaming devices. Distributed across a variety of strategic device partners, including Google, Amazon, Apple TV, Microsoft, Roku, Samsung, LG, Comcast, and many others, Sling TV offers two primary domestic streaming services that collectively include more than 100 channels of top content. Featured programmers include Disney/ESPN, Fox, NBC, AMC, A&E, EPIX, NFL Network, NBA TV, NHL Networks, Pac-12 Networks, Hallmark, Viacom, and more. For Spanish-speaking customers, Sling Latino offers a suite of standalone and extra Spanish-programming packages tailored to the U S. Hispanic market. And for those seeking International content, Sling International currently provides more than 300 channels in 20 languages (available across multiple devices) to U.S. households.
Sling TV is the #1 Live TV Streaming Service Sling TV is a next-generation service that meets the entertainment needs of today’s contemporary viewers. Visit www.Sling.com. We are driven by curiosity, pride, adventure, and a desire to win – it’s in our DNA. We’re looking for people with boundless energy, intelligence, and an overwhelming need to achieve to join our team as we embark on the next chapter of our story.
Opportunity is here. We are Sling.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
The Content Operations Specialist is responsible for helping the team maintain Sling’s Content library by working closely with our content partners and internal teams in processing content and maintaining presentation within the app. This individual will also be working with internal tools used to onboard, maintain, and curate content. Due to this, the candidate must be a self-starter and self-reliant.
Primary responsibilities fall into the following categories:
- Serve as primary point of contact with content providers and internal partners
- Onboard new VOD content providers into the Sling TV ecosystem
- Issue tracking, reporting, and resolution in coordination with Dish Technologies’ Content Operations Team
- Raise the bar in terms of providing customers the best and most cohesive content viewing experience
Skills - Experience and Requirements
A successful Content Operations Specialist will have the following skills:
- A self-starter that can own projects with minimal to no supervision
- Ability to collaborate and communicate with internal and external teams with varying degrees of technical skill levels
- General understanding of the OTT landscape, TV content avails and ingestion workflow
- Creative thinking and problem solving