Content Marketing Writer at Scaled Agile, Inc.
At Scaled Agile (SAI; www.scaledagile.com), our mission is to help large enterprises build agility into their culture so they can quickly identify and deliver customer value, capitalize on emerging opportunities, and improve business outcomes by adopting Lean-Agile principles and practices based on the Scaled Agile Framework® (SAFe®).
From its headquarters in Boulder, CO, Scaled Agile supports over half a million SAFe practitioners through training, certification, consulting services, and a global partner network that reaches more than 65 countries. As a member of the Pledge 1% corporate philanthropy movement, SAI contributes to the local community and seeks to inspire and encourage other companies to do the same.
Are you an accomplished, highly skilled content marketing pro who lives grammar and breathes brand voice? Does translating complex technical concepts into human language excite you? If yes, then we want to meet you.
Scaled Agile is looking for a talented, seasoned copywriter and grammar nerd to conceptualize and translate the concepts of SAFe and the business of Scaled Agile into effective copy. You’ve got a proven track record of producing content that excites, engages, and motivates B2B technical audiences to take action. You’re a self-starter who relishes creativity and has a natural curiosity to constantly absorb new knowledge and trends. You strive to produce work at the highest quality standards and have an impeccable attention to detail.
What’s in it for you?
In this role, you’ll get to collaborate with whip-smart coworkers at all levels within the company, including the founders. You’ll have creative license to experiment with and test various content and marketing tactics to see what resonates—and what doesn’t—with different audiences. You’ll be part of an Agile marketing team and use SAFe to ensure you’re working on the right things that align with team and company goals, and contribute to everyone’s success. You’ll have the opportunity to grow professionally and expand your knowledge of the Framework through Scaled Agile courses and certifications. At Scaled Agile, work-life balance is a reality thanks to generous time-off and volunteer-time policies.
What you’ll be doing:
- Drafting, writing, and editing tight, impactful copy for all formats and channels, including advertising case studies, blog posts, email campaigns, events, landing pages, press releases, social media, web copy, and white papers
- Adapting brand voice to varying content channels
- Creating key messaging to get employees and partners aligned in communicating about Scaled Agile products and the brand
- Linking themes across content to craft consistent messaging and stories
- Producing compelling stories and content that meet specific business objectives and generate awareness, interest, and demand for SAFe
- Writing relevant and effective headlines and CTAs
- Proofreading and copyediting for quality, consistency, clarity, accuracy, and readability
- Collaborating closely and effectively with designers, marketing team members, and internal stakeholders to drive authentic, consistent, and engaging messaging and customer-centric content across multiple channels
- Writing to standards outlined in Scaled Agile’s marketing and editorial style guide, and helping to develop and evolve the guidance the company provides to its various stakeholders and consumers
- Developing an in-depth understanding of Scaled Agile and its products and services
Skills and experience that are important for the role:
- Seven years of experience as a copywriter or content marketing communications specialist in a technical B2B environment
- Strong written, grammar, and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of best practices in writing effective copy for print, web, advertising, and social media
- A strong writing portfolio showcasing a proven blend of editorial and storytelling skills, including short-form (copywriting) and long-form (thought leadership articles and blog posts)
- Strong ability to translate complex concepts into clear, concise, compelling, customer-centric copy and content for a variety of channels
- A passion for relentless improvement to constantly uplevel what you produce
- Fast and insightful research skills to inform thought-leadership content
- Well-developed project management skills and working knowledge of content production processes
- Mature copyediting skills; experience with Chicago Manual of Style or AP
Highly desired qualifications:
- Working knowledge of HTML
- Knowledge of Agile methodologies
- Familiarity with SEO best practices
- Proficiency in WordPress, Marketo, or other marketing automation and content management software
Where you’ll be working: This position is based in our corporate headquarters and training center in Boulder which has decks, windows, and amazing views of the Flatirons.
Why Scaled Agile?
We’re a group of seasoned professionals and systems thinkers who are passionate about our mission of helping the biggest organizations in the world improve the way they operate to deliver innovative business solutions to their customers. We're profitable, we're Agile.
If you’re looking for an opportunity to contribute to the direction and success of a vibrant business, we'd love to hear from you. Please provide a resume, a portfolio link, and a few thoughts on why you think you’d be a great fit (yes, we still read cover letters).