Content Marketing Specialist at Hotel Engine
Hotel Engine, a startup based in Denver, is a leader in travel tech with a demonstrated track record of growth and impact. Our foundations are strong, and we’ve navigated the COVID-19 crisis by bringing our customer obsession, innovative platform, data-driven problem-solving, and bias for action into every decision. By partnering with tens of thousands of businesses and government agencies and hundreds of thousands of hotels around the world, we have built a resilient and adaptable business model and 2021 will be our best year yet. Working hard behind the scenes are exceptional people–from our large engineering and product teams, to our fast-growing sales, supplier and member experience orgs, to our data, marketing, and operations teams. As individuals and together, we show our DNA every day with our curiosity, will to win, ownership and high standards.
We are looking for a Content Marketing Specialist to assist in accelerating our brand awareness. This opportunity is a key role within the marketing team and this person will help implement our content, marketing and social media strategies alongside our Content and SEO Manager.
This individual must be highly motivated with outstanding content creation and copywriting skills and be extremely KPI driven. You will help to execute the content strategy based on our core pillars, own Hotel Engine’s social media strategy, and support our Content and SEO Manager in increasing our awareness and organic traffic goals. If you are agile, nimble, obsessed with great content, passionate about travel, a superstar with social media, and have bias to action we want to talk to you 😉
Here's what we're looking for:
- Editorial: You’re an exceptional editor and proofreader. You enjoy taking written work from draft form to publication to syndication. *Experience with creating content design elements such as infographics is a major plus.
- Content marketing: You’re a strong writer. Blog posts, emails, social media promotions––whatever it is you’re skilled in coming up with the right words to promote a message.
- Analytical: You enjoy tying the work that you do to results. From an editorial standpoint, this would mean measuring the overall impact of the Hotel Engine Blog, website and social content. Which posts are performing best? How can you repurpose them to get more out of each? These are the questions you love to ask.
- Marketing software knowledge: You have experience with tools like WordPress (for publishing), SEMRush for SEO, Google Analytics (for analyzing content performance), Project management (we use Asana), Hubspot, Canva and other technologies necessary for editing and publishing creative content.
- Social Media Management Experience: You know the ins and outs of each social channel and how to put a strategy together to compliment the content calendar. You strive for incredible reach, but conversion is your true north.
Education & Experience:
- A bachelor's degree in Marketing, English, Journalism, English or related field.
- 3-5 years relevant marketing experience in house or in agency or similar roles focusing on content and asset creation.
- Experience in growing social media channels and implementing social strategy.
- A proven track record of results across multiple content marketing channels.
- Have first-class copywriting skills and be able to create very engaging copy and on-brand campaigns for both internal and external audiences.
- You are a skilled storyteller with exceptional writing and editing skills in English; additionally, you have strong visual communication skills.
- Range of experience across different formats (I.e., Long form, short form, video, blogs, infographics, and webinars).
- Exceptional and effective oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task and juggle many simultaneous priorities in a fast-paced environment while keeping quality standards.
- Strong experience on content program effectiveness and impact measurement.
- Self-starter and independent but also a solid team player, we achieve more as a team!
- Detail-oriented and excellent problem-solver.
- Strongly align with Hotel Engine’s core values: customer obsessed, bias for action etc...
- Ability to legally work in the US (sponsorship not available).
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
- The total cash compensation for this role is $60,000 - $75,000/year. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors, including prior experience, expertise & may vary from the amount above.
Hotel Engine Total Rewards Philosophy | We recognize that there is more to work than the day-to-day responsibilities. Hotel Engine is on Built in Colorado’s 2021 Best Places to Work list and provides each employee with the opportunity to take on new challenges that support their near and long-term goals in a high-growth, startup environment. We also give back and have comprehensive corporate social responsibility programs supporting community, social justice and environmental causes. In addition to a collaborative, high-performing team environment, we’re pleased to offer benefits including:
- Competitive base salaries. Salary offers are based on the candidate's qualifications.
- Stock Options for all new hires
- Performance-driven commission opportunities for select roles
- Performance-driven equity awards
- Parental leave programs
- Generous time-off including open PTO, sick days and two paid volunteer days each year
- Insurance benefits including medical coverage, dental and vision offerings (with plans available at no cost to employees), as well as HSA/FSA, wellness, and disability offerings
- 401(k) plan with a match program