Pie Insurance is an insurtech company tackling meaningful problems. At Pie, we work with small businesses using technology and innovation to improve how they access insurance. Like our small business clients, we are a diverse team of builders, dreamers, and entrepreneurs. So, at the heart of every decision we make is the idea that if it doesn’t serve our clients, it doesn’t serve us.
Today, all Pie-oneers are working remotely and will continue to do so until it is safe to return to the office. As a remote team member, you will be expected to be available for meetings with team members in other time zones and have access to reliable, high-speed internet. This role will work in our Denver office once our office re-opens.
How You’ll Do It
As our content marketing manager, you’ll work to establish Pie as the leading commercial insurer among small business owners and independent insurance agents by creating, publishing, and optimizing high-quality content. On a day-to-day basis, you’ll manage content across all platforms, including our website, blog, email, and social media. More broadly, you’ll help us execute our content strategy and keep content production on deadline to meet our SEO objectives. In this cross-functional role, you’ll collaborate within and outside the marketing team and use multiple marketing channels to help achieve our goals.
- Develop and manage a content strategy that grows and engages Pie’s audiences and optimizes our SEO on an ongoing basis.
- Maintain an editorial calendar for our blogs and social media platforms, regularly creating and editing platform-specific content including text posts, images, videos, and graphics.
- Own our WordPress website, including creating and editing pages and managing an agency that does technical projects for the site.
- Lead and manage all aspects of program execution: content ideation and creation, copywriting, proofreading, and editing.
- Serve as a content marketing expert, collaborating with members of our marketing, business development, underwriting, product, and customer care teams on highly cross-functional projects.
- Develop innovative and engaging social campaigns that further our marketing initiatives while growing our audiences and engagement on social platforms, including LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
- Support content projects for the marketing team when called upon, writing and editing anything and everything, from long-form thought leadership to ad copy.
The Right Stuff
- 5+ years of experience implementing content marketing tactics.
- Exceptional writing, spelling, grammar, and proofreading skills.
- You recognize that content creation doesn’t always equate to article production. You consider how images, videos, infographics, and other content types could meet the needs of our audiences.
- Experience with Wordpress (preferably a multisite) is a must-have, in addition to “nice-to-have” experience with CRM software like Salesforce, marketing automation platforms like Marketo, social media planning tools like Hootsuite or SproutSocial, and SEO software like Moz or SEMRush.
- Demonstrated ability to get up to speed fast, manage projects, influence decision-makers, and ruthlessly prioritize high-impact activities.
- Curious: you’re always thinking of the next A/B test.
- Creative: you’re excited to develop new approaches while ensuring our brand voice and positioning remains consistent.
- Ownership mindset with a willingness to roll up your sleeves and a strong belief that the buck stops with you.
- Collaborative and flexible, thriving on quick execution and robust project management.
- Strong communicator and able to clearly convey key findings to internal and external stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, Marketing, or relevant field.
- Competitive salary
- A piece of the Pie (in the form of stock options)
- Comprehensive health plans
- Generous PTO
- Paid sick leave
- Future-focused 401k match
- Our core values are more than just a poster on the wall; they’re tangibly reflected in our work and recognized with our monthly culture award.
- Generous parental leave
Compensation & Benefits
Our goal is to make all aspects of working with us as easy as Pie. That includes our offer process. When we have identified talent that is a good fit for Pie, we work hard to present an equitable and fair offer. We look at your knowledge, skills, and experience along with your compensation expectations and align that with our company equity processes to determine our offer ranges.
We value and want to support our team members, and are proud to offer a comprehensive compensation package that includes the following:
Compensation Range for the position: $110,000 - $130,000
Pie Insurance is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, disability, national or ethnic origin, military service status, citizenship, or other protected characteristic.
Pie Insurance participates in the E-Verify program. Please click here, here and here for more information
Pie Insurance is Building the Future of Small Business Insurance with $118 Million in Series C Funding
Built In Honors Pie Insurance in its Esteemed 2021 Best Places To Work Awards
Pie Insurance Named a Top Colorado Company 2020
Pie is rated Excellent by our customers on Trustpilot
Check out our great reviews from current and former employees on Glassdoor