Content Editor at Peaksware
🔗 Website: https://www.trainheroic.com/careers
📍 Location: Remote until June 2021
- Peaksware/TrainHeroic employees are working remotely from home due to the COVID-19 pandemic. We will work with anyone hired during this period to accommodate remote onboarding to the best of our ability.
Are you ready to work on a product impacting millions of coaches and athletes? TrainHeroic’s user base of athletes and coaches is growing rapidly. We call them Heroes. To meet their demands TrainHeroic needs innovators, collaborators, and excellent marketers like you. Together we’re building the world’s best strength and conditioning app. Join TrainHeroic today!
As Content Editor, you will play a vital role in expanding and improving our content channels and providing more opportunities to help our existing and potential users train smarter, find the right guidance, and get motivated to reach whatever goals they have their hearts set on. On a daily level, you will manage, curate, and edit content from our clients and partners for our blog, write weekly and monthly newsletters, and help track content metrics. You'll also work with internal stakeholders to write and edit blog content for additional clients and entrepreneurs.
The right candidate will have a firm grasp of the field as well as blogging best practices, data-driven optimization, business best practices related to the industry, and an understanding of how to create and curate content that attracts potential users.
In addition to working on the blog side, you will also play a vital role in the expansion of our online course portfolio. Working closely with the team, you will help coordinate the development of online education courses and educational resources.
If you have a passion for good storytelling that educates and motivates, a rock-solid grasp of grammar, and a love of deadlines (both real and imagined)—then this is the job for you.
As Content Editor at TrainHeroic, you will:
- Source content written by qualified strength and conditioning experts to be included in the TrainHeroic blog and across TrainHeroic.com
- Edit article content for quality, accuracy, and voice and tone
- Write weekly and monthly newsletter content
- Track article metrics
- Repurpose and write new article content as needed
- Assist marketing team with content planning and marketing campaign strategy
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Experience writing for a strength and conditioning blog or first-hand experience running a fitness-related business
- Minimum of 3 years previous journalism or marketing experience
- Copyediting experience
- Familiarity with AP Style (or similar)
- Knowledge of Google Analytics (or similar)
- Some experience managing a team of contributors/writers
- Experience using the TrainHeroic platform
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, marketing, or communications
- Some familiarity with SEO best-practices
Peaksware/TrainHeroic is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices. The salary range for this role is $43,249 - $72,081. Final compensation for this role will be determined by various factors such as a candidate's relevant work experience, skills, and certifications.
This role is eligible for variable compensation including bonus.
Benefits and Perks:
- 100% company-paid Medical for employees with buy-up options
- Health Savings Account
- Flexible Spending Account
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account
- Paid Parental Leave
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Additional coverage options such as accident and critical illness insurance and hospital indemnity
Disability and Life
- Company-paid Short Term Disability
- Company-paid Long Term Disability
- Company-paid Basic Life Insurance and AD&D
- Employee-paid Supplemental Life Insurance for Employee, Spouse, and/or Child
- 401(K) Matching
- Pet Insurance
- Significant investment in resources for employee development and professional growth
- Flexible work schedule in a culture of trust
- 9 paid holidays annually and unlimited Flexible Time Off (FTO)
- Free TrainingPeaks, TrainHeroic, MakeMusic accounts, and Alfred Music product
- Access to on-site workout room, including locker rooms and showers
- Secure on-site bike storage
- Access to our on-site music studio
- Corporate discounts on select gym memberships and top-brand gear
- Access to nutritious snacks and devour hour, weekly subsidized lunch
*Please note - due to COVID-19 some perks are not readily available at this time.
Please contact [email protected] if you require a reasonable accommodation to review our website or to apply online.
TrainHeroic is part of the Peaksware portfolio of brands. Peaksware has been featured in BuiltInColorado’s Top 100 Companies list since 2017 and our brands have been recognized in Outside Magazine’s “Best Places to Work” multiple years in a row. Peaksware has also been honored as a part of Mogul’s “Top 1,000 Companies for Millennial Women Worldwide”. We are proud of our company culture and of consistently being recognized, both locally and nationally, as a top workplace.