Consumer Content Manager at Webroot, an OpenText company
Are you a seasoned Consumer Content professional in Technical Communications with experience working with an Agile methodology? At Webroot we have an opportunity for you to leverage your refined verbal and technical writing communication skills along with displaying your hardware, software and SaaS technical knowledge. As a Consumer Content Manager with Webroot you will be responsible for maintaining and expanding a database of online content to improve internal and external facing topical product documentation.You will also be responsible for defining and optimizing the database structure and record management system ensuring ease of access and data integrity. You will use cross-functional resources to validate documentation accuracy and effectiveness. If this is the kind of challenge you seek, apply today!
As our Consumer Content Manager, based in Broomfield CO., you will:
- Work in partnership with Product Management to ensure knowledgebase articles are created and updated in a timely manner.
- Audit existing knowledge content and migrate applicable content to ensure current knowledge is captured.
- Create a culture of knowledge collaboration by promoting the vision and engaging various support teams to the role of proactive knowledge contributors.
- Assimilate information extracted from technical support case-work and SMEs and re-write into clearly articulated articles for internal and/or external knowledgebase publication.
- Review the structure of the knowledge base on a regular basis, to ensure that it reflects the needs of the business.
- Ensure legal and operational compliance of database information.
- Build rapport with Product Owners and others within the organization to stay in the loop on updates.
- Track effectiveness of content and attend regular Content Strategy meetings with the various contributing teams.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- 4+ years of relevant professional experience in Technical Communications or similar field
- Experience using Knowledge Management platforms to create and maintain content
- Experience creating eLearning content is a plus
- Experience working within an Agile methodology
- Self-motivated and comfortable working with minimal daily direction
- Great interpersonal skills, proactive approach, and a positive attitude
- Excellent editorial and oral communication skills
- Technical knowledge in: Windows, Mac, desktop applications, networking, security, and web application, excellent customer service skills addressing the needs of both the external and internal customer with strong written, communication and process skills
- Ability to work under pressure, multitask and prioritize tasks
At Webroot, we do more than secure our customers' personal computers, mobile devices and networks. We also nurture our employees' most critical assets – their talents, experience, and career aspirations. Webroot has the energy of a start-up with the strength and stability of an Internet security market leader. We foster the innovative culture you'd expect of a company that's making a statement. Webroot is a company in which you can invest yourself fully, knowing that you're not only protecting our customers around the world, but also that your talents and innovation will be recognized and rewarded. We encourage you to learn more about us and explore our job openings. Secure your future. Ensure the same for your career. Principals only - no third parties, please. Webroot Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. At Webroot, we believe in rewarding success.