Communications Specialist – Colorado Springs
We’re changing the way people think about food. At FoodMaven, our vision is to see all food used…with good purpose. Our mission is to capture and create a market for food otherwise lost in the food system with positive impacts for profits, people, and the planet. FoodMaven sells high-quality local, oversupplied and out of spec food from distributors, manufacturers and producers to restaurants and institutional kitchens at a significant discount. We leverage an efficient online marketplace, big data optimization technology, and an agile logistics model. We then make sure it gets sold, donated or sent to environmentally conscious alternatives.
In short, FoodMaven is good for profits, good for people and good for the planet.
FoodMaven is committed to our mission and vision, working to create a better food system and bringing our partners along with us. FoodMaven is seeking an individual that has the skills to communicate our story, our values, and our mission to the world as part of our communications team in a dynamic fast-paced office with high intensity.
As a Communications Specialist, you will support all aspects of FoodMaven communications. This role reports to the VP of Government and Industry Affairs and as a team you will work to establish FoodMaven’s brand and tell the many company stories to the world.
This role is based in Colorado Springs, Colorado.
What You’ll Do:
- Build an effective and credible communications narrative demonstrating the importance of addressing the enviormental, social, and economic impacts of lost food and communicate the value of FoodMaven’s business model to all relevant stakeholders
- Establish FoodMaven’s brand with the regional and national media and third parties
- Work closely across FoodMaven’s Teams including Product, Supply, Sales, Industry, and Marketing – to tell our story and the stories of our partners
- Use all communications channels to support our relationships and partnerships with, our buyers and suppliers, government, and industry
What You’ll Need:
- Minimum 3 years of experience in communications
- Relevant experience could include some combination of: agency experience, in-house communications experience in complex industries, political communications, or social media management
- Solid understanding of how to effectively use all social media channels and analytics in a business setting
- Excellent oral and written skills
- Hootsuite experience a plus
- Strong project management skills
The most successful companies are brilliant storytellers, who put their products—as well as the benefits of those products—front and center in every communication.
Our team is responsible for telling FoodMaven’s story to the media and third parties: whether it’s transforming how we view our food system or telling the story of local farmers and ranchers. It also about being creative in how we tell our story, including the use of social media, as well as working with the team to develop content that makes the positive case for change.