Assessment and Content Manager at GoGuardian (Greater Denver Area, CO or Remote)
At GoGuardian, we're helping build a future where all learners are ready and inspired to solve the world's greatest challenges. Our award-winning system of learning solutions is purpose-built for K-12 and trusted by school leaders to promote effective teaching and equitable engagement while helping empower educators to keep students safe.
What It's Like to Work at GoGuardian
We are a fast-growing learning company that thrives on making bold moves and setting high standards. Working with us means joining a (mostly!) remote team of diverse, passionate, mission-driven employees who are inspired by our vision, dedicated to our customers, and comfortable with rapid change. We balance our rocketship pace with a work culture that offers unbridled support, allyship, and inclusivity...to say nothing of fun! Join our Neurodiversity ERG, attend an online magic show (and bring your kids), head to a DEI Community of Practice session, share a pet photo with other dog lovers, or relax in an online meditation class. Our culture has earned us accolades! We have been named one of Built In's 2022 Best Places to Work™ and are certified as a Great Place to Work®.
As the Assessment and Content Manager, you are responsible for overseeing the various stages of educational content development for assessments as per specified guidelines and timelines. Assessment projects will span multiple K-12 subjects (Math, ELA, Science, Social Studies) and include interacting with school districts and managing test authors. General responsibilities include managing multiple content assessment projects from conception to delivery.
What You'll Do
- Engage with clients and stakeholders to develop a strategy for a set of assessments.
- Gather requirements, get stakeholder signoff, and identify and engage the proper internal resources to develop appropriate assessments.
- Refine drafts of new tests per stakeholder requirements and update existing tests as needed.
- Work with a team of external content/test item writers on multiple, concurrent projects, to write and produce assessments.
- Maintain project oversight as well as QA and review.
- Write test items when necessary. Identify and interview subject matter experts (SME) in test item writing.
- Aggregate and report on feedback, reworking tests based on user feedback.
- Support the Sales, Customer Success, and Marketing teams with relevant support materials. Attend client meetings to discuss approaches with potential districts as needed.
- Research and develop strategy and blueprints for new content.
- Provide guidance to other SMEs to improve content accuracy, language and overall quality of the content for use by students.
- Perform training on Edulastic and other GoGuardian suite tools if necessary. Manage and approve contractor time and invoices.
- Conduct end of the year reviews with clients and stakeholders to modify and refine assessment bundles for next school year.
Who You Are
- BA in Teaching, Educational Measurement, or related field. A graduate degree is preferred.
- 5+ yrs experience in content development for K-12, or a background in teaching and test writing that includes an understanding of fair testing practices and assessment development. Experience in test authoring required.
- 3+ years of experience in assessment design and development, including building and managing solid processes for content development at scale
- 2+ years experience in project management, working with multiple teams and stakeholders within and outside of an organization. Includes working with international teams.
- 1+ years experience with item bank management at scale, bonus for someone who has experience with QTI import.
- Experience working with national educational standard frameworks and how standards relate to assessment.
- Custom content development experience, where you have led projects and managed implementing customer feedback under tight deadlines
- Ability to learn new tasks and concepts quickly & work in a fast-paced environment.
- Exceptionally organized and can balance multiple projects at one time.
- Self-motivated team player; must be able to work independently and find solutions.
What We Offer
- Competitive pay, complete health insurance, 401(k) matching, bonuses, and an employee stock option plan.
- Flexible time off, 13 paid holidays, paid parental leave, wellness days, and a paid year-end holiday break.
- A robust catalog of benefits that support your professional growth and personal wellbeing: learning funds, lifestyle funds, online yoga & meditation classes, fertility & adoption reimbursement, giving funds with company match, and more...
- A varied and challenging role in a global and highly innovative high-growth company.
- Supportive, driven colleagues who have your back and share your passion.
Plus the intangible:
Please share this with your friends or co-workers who may be interested in working at GoGuardian! We have multiple openings and are always looking for talented people.
GoGuardian is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit and business needs. GoGuardian does not discriminate against employees, applicants, interns or volunteers on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, sex, age, sexual orientation, military and veteran status, registered domestic partner status, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.