- Be a visionary; define and clearly communicate current and future states of the architecture, and how we get from one to the other to support our business goals.
- Work closely with technical and product leadership to define technical strategy and design solutions to optimally address current and future business requirements and infrastructure plans.
- Establish strong, productive relationships with company's leadership to ensure the use of technologies are well understood. Act as a conduit for questions and information flow, when those outside of the technology team have ideas for new technology applications.
- Define, deliver and enforce an architectural roadmap for the products and internal systems, accounting for existing technical debt, any development bottlenecks, and aspirational architecture initiatives to drive revenue, optimize cost structure and general support established business goals. This roadmap will both guide as well as leverage work done by architecture and product teams embedded in the business units.
- Guide architecture and technology of enterprise-class solutions by partnering in design, establishing standards and best practices and coordinating across multiple technical teams to enforce their usage, measuring effectiveness over time.
- Participate in implementations of architectural initiatives and proof of concepts when appropriate, especially in complex designs or problems. Participate in internal hackathons. Participate in design reviews.
- Make others great by coaching and mentoring the architectural and product development staff. Be the leader everyone aspires to have with clear expectations for the team, and the feedback to prove it.
Qualifications, Training & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in a technical discipline, with a strong preference for computer science or related degree. Advanced degree is a plus. Equivalent work experience will be considered as an alternative.
- Must have personal experience developing software.
- 15+ years overall experience, 5+ years in a senior Architect role or equivalent. Breadth of knowledge is a strong plus.
- Cloud computing experience required, AWS experience strongly preferred.
- Expertise in the creation and management of technology architecture models.
- Excellent communication skills. Communicates complex matters simply.
- Ability to build relationships, lead and influence across organizational and cultural boundaries.
- Aptitude and interest to learn new and emerging business and technologies.
- Proven ability to work with cross-functional teams and ability to influence and drive consensus, or if consensus is not possible, to decide and drive alignment.
- Demonstrates love for coding and technology and appreciates that the best way to discover new capabilities is by using them.
- Experience in the accreditation of secure systems is desirable.
- Ability to travel to key DigitalGlobe locations; more travel is anticipated initially to build key relationships, reducing over time.
- U.S. Citizenship required.
- Willingness and ability to obtain a US Government security clearance.
- Westminster, CO
Read Full Job Description