Call Center Operations Manager
OpenTable has a brand new Customer Support team, we are in search of an experienced Operations Manager with strong leadership skills and a "roll-up-your-sleeves" work ethic to help inspire a team of Customer Service Supervisors and Representatives. Ideal candidates know how to support a growing, successful workplace while still having fun! This will NOT be your average call center! We believe strongly in the importance of teamwork and collaboration. We recognize hard work and success, and we strive to foster an environment of learning, development, and FUN!
OpenTable, part of The Priceline Group (NASDAQ: PCLN), is the world's leading provider of online restaurant reservations, seating more than 15 million diners per month via online bookings across approximately 36,000 restaurants. The OpenTable network connects restaurants and diners, helping diners discover and book the perfect table and helping restaurants deliver personalized hospitality to keep guests coming back.
Since its inception in 1998, OpenTable has seated more than 1 billion diners around the world. The Company is headquartered in San Francisco, California, and the OpenTable service is available throughout the United States, as well as in Canada, Germany, Japan, Mexico, Australia and the UK.
In the role, you will
- Oversee a team 9 Supervisors, who are each managing teams of 9-14 Customer Service Representatives.
- Be a mentor to your team, sharing best practices and encouraging growth
- Be responsible for performance management, corrective actions, and terminations
- Help Supervisors learn to identify and address specific areas of focus to compel agent performance
- Drive your team to consistently deliver amazing customer experiences and right resolutions
- Host effective team meetings with open discussions and shared learning experiences
- Have a minimum 5+ years experience leading a team, preferably in a multi-channel contact center environment
- Offer proven mentorship skills, with demonstrated ability to listen, identify root cause, creatively problem-solve, and impact individual and team performance
- A record of strong performance, exceeding expectations through consistent and positive coaching and development practices
- Comfortably articulate complex issues in an easy to understand manner to a variety of audiences
- Display strong analytical and behavioral problem solving skills
- Focus on solutions, not problems
- Know their way around Windows, Mac OS X, Microsoft Office, and Google Docs. Bonus points for experience with Learning Management Systems and tools
- Understand basic computer and home networking terminology (operating systems, browsers, routers, modems, etc)
- Readily deliver (and accept) open and honest feedback, with an eye towards ongoing improvements