Buyer - Kids Category
NBCUniversal is one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks. NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
Lead the creation and rapid expansion of Craftsy’s new Kids e-commerce business.
• Develop and own category assortment to achieve revenue & gross margin goals
• Develop smart buy plans and forecast orders to maximize opportunities and minimize risk
• Communicate up, down, and across to ensure relevant stakeholders are informed and aligned to category strategy, buy plans, pipeline and forecasts
• Regularly review sales data, analyze product performance, monitor inventory levels and proactively optimize assortment
• Partner with Product Development & Insights teams to ensure a pipeline of consumer-oriented fresh new products and packaging in line with broader promotional calendar
• Partner with Merchandising and Marketing to ensure product stories, key selling points, and differentiators consistently reach the consumer in thoughtful, channel-appropriate ways
• Build strong relationships with product suppliers to support the assortment strategy, ensuring availability and managing gross margin requirements
• Be a go-to resource in the company for the category displaying a strong understanding of the consumer, the competitive landscape, and emerging trends.
〈 5+ years experience in Buying, Planning or Merchandising, preferably in kid-related industries
〈 A clear understanding of financial measurements (sales, gross margin, measures of inventory productivity) and how to impact them
〈 Demonstrated success in leading the development & commercial introduction of new products into an assortment
〈 Strong business acumen with a gut for what consumers will love and a results-driven passion for meeting customer needs with differentiated products
〈 Experience building and optimizing assortment planning and buy plan tools
〈 Proven analytical skills and enthusiasm for data-driven decision making
〈 Forecasting and inventory management experience with proven ability to maximize opportunities and mitigate risk
〈 Ability to work autonomously, taking initial direction and effectively executing against multiple simultaneous activities to achieve desired outcomes
〈 Excellent communication skills, including the ability to work with individuals at all organizational levels as well as external partners
〈 A flexible attitude when confronted with unexpected obstacles in a fast-paced environment
〈 Demonstrated ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects, timelines, and deliverables with strong organization skills and attention to detail
〈 A demonstrated passion for crafting and creative activities a major plus!
〈 Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered
〈 Willingness to travel and work overtime, and on weekends with short notice as needed
〈 Must be willing to work in Denver, CO
〈 Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States