Associate General Counsel at VORTO (Greater Denver Area, CO)
Vorto is on a mission to increase sustainability and create more jobs by making supply chains more efficient across the entire value chain. Through powerful AI technology, Vorto's autonomous supply chain platform seeks to reduce carbon emissions caused by supply chain transportation, improve the lives of approximately 3.5 million truck drivers and create more jobs across all players in B2B transactions. We operate in a very fast-paced and nimble environment that is highly focused on a team-first, accomplishment-oriented culture that is passionate about the organization's success. Our products have been developed by a world-class engineering team that simplifies complex business problems to a degree where adoption is effortless. We encourage you to visit our careers page and read this blog post to learn more about our culture.
About the Role
Are you passionate about leading operational excellence in an entrepreneurial and dynamic work environment? Are you yearning for an opportunity to utilize your creativity to grow a scaling process? We are looking for a Corporate Counsel to join us on our journey to facilitate a digital revolution in the B2B supply chain.
Corporate Counsel performs a number of legal duties on behalf of the company to ensure the company’s transactions comply with corporate laws and regulations and avoid possible legal risks and violations. This position will report to the General Counsel and be charged with managing the company’s corporate governance, commercial arrangements and litigation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Evaluates new business opportunities with vendors and subcontractors
- Examines the legal issues related to new products and services
- Negotiates deals on behalf of the company
- Guides management on regulatory and compliance issues to ensure compliance with legal regulations
- Designs and oversees the company’s policy and position on legal matters
- Advises the company, with outside counsel, in legal proceedings
- Prepares legal documents for trial or court proceedings
- Other duties and special projects as assigned
Highly analytical with a sharp attention to detail
- Outstanding negotiation and communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and managerial skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Demonstrate a strong sense of urgency in all projects and an ability to prioritize and re-prioritize as necessary
- Ability to multi-task projects and required tasks in an organized fashion
- Ability to work in a team environment as well as self-motivated in individual projects
- Ability to communicate both verbally and written to all levels of the organization
- JD degree from an accredited law school
- Licensed to practice law in the State of Colorado (or able to secure single client bar admission)
- Up to 10 years’ experience at a top-tier law firm and/or in-house legal department
- Experience in technology, SaaS or supply chain industries preferred
At Vorto we are committed to developing our employees and providing them exciting opportunities to grow and prosper in their careers.
We offer a competitive benefits package as well as numerous additional perks, including:
- Competitive compensation package
- Paid Time Off and Holidays
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- Flex and Health Savings Plans
- Company-paid life and short-term disability insurance
- Company-paid parking or RTD pass
- Voluntary income protection benefits including Life, AD&D, Critical Illness, Hospital Indemnity, and Accident Protection Insurance
- Tuition Assistance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Free or discounted legal program
- Product & Services Discount Program
- Modern office space in downtown Denver with daily coffee, tea, drinks & snacks
- We supply the industry's best hardware and productivity software
Vorto is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned.