A crowd favorite, Ping Identity took home top awards from the 2015 Colorado Startup Brews. Their 'Brynhildr' Berliner Weisse scored 40 points and took first place in the judged competition. Their brewers, Ryan Gall and Drew Wieland, also took first prize in the People’s Choice Award for brewing the Brynhildr, !El Burro! (Mexican-Style IPA), Radicaler (Lemon Ginger Radler), and Amberitious (American Amber).
Ping Identity is a pillar in the Denver tech community and a founding member of Colorado Startup Brews. Ping provides the most advanced identity-as-a-service solution on the planet. The platform enables enterprise employees, partners and customers to securely access all the applications and data they need, on any device, from any location. Ping was founded in 2002 but has maintained its startup culture while massively diversifying the product base from one to many.
Speaking of a diverse product base, they are bringing the widest range of submissions to date!
- Prudence Pilsner, a Bohemian-style lager
- Baby Got Bock, a traditional German lager, often consumed by Bavarian monks for nutrition during times of fasting
- IPA Formerly Known as Equinox, a single hop IPA using the hops formerly known as Equinox (now HBC 366)
- Not your Girlfriend’s Hoegaarden, another Berliner Weisse
- Better Than You Might Think, Strawberry Pineapple Kolsch
- Not As Good As You Might Think, Blackberry Raspberry Kolsch
- Saint Clement, an all-grain imperial clementine IPA
Drew Wieland, Senior Content Manager, describes Saint Clement as,
“Built on a robust malty canvas, it's balanced with big hop presence from start to finish. And the clementines deliver a citrusy nose with a full-fruit adventure on the palate, from the sweetness of the juice and pulp through the bite of the rind. It clocks in at about 9%, ensuring that one full pint is a celestial experience.”
The Ping team has already earned two Colorado Startup Brews commemorative tap handles. Will they win earn enough 2016 awards to fit Drew’s five-tap kegerator?
Be sure to join us at McNichols on September 9th to see if Ping can defend their title. Attendees must register on or before September 8th at http://www.costartupbrews.com/register/