OpenTable, part of The Priceline Group (NASDAQ: PCLN), is the world's leading provider of online restaurant reservations, seating more than 21 million diners per month via online bookings across more than 40,000 restaurants. The OpenTable network connects restaurants and diners, helping diners discover and book the perfect table and helping restaurants deliver personalized hospitality to keep guests coming back. The OpenTable service enables diners to see which restaurants have available tables, select a restaurant based on verified diner reviews, menus, and other helpful information, and easily book a reservation. In addition to the company’s website and mobile apps, OpenTable powers online reservations for nearly 600 partners, including many of the Internet’s most popular global and local brands. For restaurants, the OpenTable hospitality solutions enable them to manage their reservation book, streamline their operations, and enhance their service levels. Since its inception in 1998, OpenTable has seated more than 1 billion diners around the world. The Company is headquartered in San Francisco, California, and the OpenTable service is available throughout the United States, as well as in Canada, Germany, Japan, Mexico, and the UK.
The Upgrade team will call on our existing restaurant base promoting a switch to the latest version of our software. While the upgrade is free to restaurants, it is not without cost. There are differences in architecture, design and features which all must be overcome. The site must also consider hardware and training needs. Ultimately each restaurant must be excited enough about the change to push the migration process forward through completion. It is our desire to aggressively work though the base and move them over as quickly and efficiently as possible.
You will contact a cache of restaurants and convince them of the merits and benefits of switching to our new software. While our latest architecture is beneficial for everybody, you will face challenges about features, inertia and the fear of the unknown. To be successful you must not only show the general positive benefits of the system, but how the new system will specifically help a particular restaurant. You will explain the process and what is required and set the migration team up for success by gathering and sharing pertinent information. All of your interactions will be done remotely, using phone, videoconferencing and online seminar tools to get the desired result.
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
- Target appropriate restaurants and tenaciously reach out to them
- Introduce them to the benefits of switching
- Perform research to understand best feature fit for restaurants
- Provide customized product and service presentations remotely
- Overcome objections
- Encourage customers to think differently about their business
- Meet or exceed targets
- Explain clearly the next steps and expectations during the migration process
- Work closely with the Onboarding team to make sure migrations are completed efficiently
Experience and Skills Desired:
- 1-2 year experience and proven success in a sales position
- Driven, tenacious and resourceful
- Experience with a consultative sales process
- Comfortable driving client interactions forward
- Ability to leverage industry knowledge to discuss restaurant issues with client from multiple dimensions
- Knowledge of restaurant operations
- Knowledge of the restaurant industry
- College degree preferred
This is a full time exempt position based in Denver, Colorado.
If you're interested in joining the OpenTable team and believe this is the role for you, please apply!
OpenTable is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer M/F/D/V.
New or Replacement Position
Exempt / Non-Exempt
Employee Referral Bonus
HR Business Partner
Immigration sponsorship eligible?
Expected start date
Office or Field
Hiring Manger Title
Senior Director, Global Services