NetApp | Solidfire is a market leader in all-flash data storage systems for the next generation data center. Born out of the largest cloud infrastructures in the world and purpose built around the problem of delivering high performance applications from a multi-tenant infrastructure, we have revolutionized the way forward-thinking companies acquire and deploy storage solutions. NetApp | Solidfire counts some of the world’s largest enterprises and cloud service providers amongst its current customers, and the pace of growth will accelerate as we become a part of NetApp in an acquisition anticipated to close in the first quarter of 2016.
We are currently seeking a Senior Quality Engineer to provide technical leadership and help drive operational excellence into our product development. This is a high visibility role that will impact the quality of our SolidFire product. More specific responsibilities include:
- Drives comprehensive End-to-End test strategy for complex software features partnering with Developers, Quality Engineers(QE) and Software Engineer in Test (SET) which also includes authoring test strategy documents
- Incorporates field data and customer use case input from Lead Quality Architect into Test Strategy and Test Plan
- Work with QE’s and SET’s to develop feature team and system team test plan
- Drives continuous improvement of quality best practices and metrics and incorporates them with the test teams
- Participates in quality architecture team reviews to improve the product and quality capabilities of our storage product
- Proactively evaluate and recommend new test methodologies and technologies that improve quality and cycle time
- Passionate about software quality and have “How can I break the product” mindset
- Experience in designing, authoring and executing test strategy and test plans-
- Must be able to look at feature in isolation along with combination of features as part of entire system
- Must be able to engage multiple teams effectively and drive quality best practices across those teams
- Self-starter - ability to identify areas for improvement and proactively drive quality initiatives
- Excellent organizational, oral, and written communication skills with the ability to clearly present complex technical issues
- Depth in system(Storage/Security/Telecommunications/Networking/etc) technologies
- Experience working with Linux or Unix
- Track record of being a key contributor in successful projects
- Software development experience
- Distributed storage systems experience
- Experience in Python or C++
- A minimum of 8 years of experience is required. 9 to 11 years of experience is preferred.
- A Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science, a Master Degree, or a PhD; or equivalent experience is required.
- Demonstrated ability to have successfully led multiple, complex technical projects.