NetApp | Solidfire is a market leader in all-flash data storage systems for the next generation data center. Born out of the largest cloud infrastructures in the world and purpose built around the problem of delivering high performance applications from a multi-tenant infrastructure, we have revolutionized the way forward-thinking companies acquire and deploy storage solutions. NetApp | Solidfire counts some of the world’s largest enterprises and cloud service providers amongst its current customers, and the pace of growth will accelerate as we become a part of NetApp in an acquisition anticipated to close in the first quarter of 2016.
NetApp is looking for an experienced Software Engineer in Test to join our new Solidfire team. SolidFire’s product is a rapidly growing enterprise class data storage company currently in production with an all SSD solution, specifically designed for largescale, public and private cloud deployments. SolidFire is delivering high availability, high performance, fault tolerant software that runs concurrently on up to 100 nodes. We flawlessly pool resources and can maintain data integrity even when the network, rack, node, hardware, device, file system, kernel or other software components fail. This is a great opportunity to work on a high powered team delivering an industry changing product within an extremely high growth sector of the tech industry.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about testing and testability and uses that knowledge to develop innovative automated testing solutions for our state of the art storage solution. This is a high visibility role that will impact the fundamental performance of our new cloud storage product. More specific responsibilities include:
● Drive test effort from planning and organization to execution and delivery.
● Participate in developing effective test strategies.
● Design and develop reliable, scalable and maintainable test automation to validate complex storage features
● Communicate and collaborate with the engineering teams to develop automation processes and plans
● Diagnose, debug and perform root cause analysis of issues and defects
● Experience writing and executing complex system level test plans, test cases and test reports.
● Experience developing complex test automation, scripts and/or automation frameworks
● Experience with Linux is a must, any other OS is a plus
● Track record of being a key contributor in successful projects
● Storage systems experience
● Software development experience with Python
- A minimum of 5 years of experience is required. 6 to 8 years of experience is preferred.
- A Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science, a Master Degree, or a PhD; or equivalent experience is required.
- Demonstrated ability to have successfully completed multiple, moderately complex technical tasks.