NetApp | Solidfire is a market leader in all-flash data storage systems for the next generation data center. Born out of the largest cloud infrastructures in the world and purpose built around the problem of delivering high performance applications from a multi-tenant infrastructure, we have revolutionized the way forward-thinking companies acquire and deploy storage solutions. NetApp | Solidfire counts some of the world’s largest enterprises and cloud service providers amongst its current customers, and the pace of growth will accelerate as we become a part of NetApp in an acquisition anticipated to close in the first quarter of 2016.
NetApp is looking for a Software Engineer (Core Systems) to join our new Solidfire team. SolidFire’s product is a rapidly growing enterprise class data storage company currently in production with an all SSD solution, specifically designed for largescale, public and private cloud deployments. SolidFire is delivering high availability, high performance, fault tolerant software that runs concurrently on up to 100 nodes. We flawlessly pool resources and can maintain data integrity even when the network, rack, node, hardware, device, file system, kernel or other software components fail. This is a great opportunity to work on a high powered team delivering an industry changing product within an extremely high growth sector of the tech industry.
● Multiple years developing in C++ on Linux (or expert C programmer with the ability and desire to quickly learn C++)
● Strong experience developing highly multithreaded, systems level applications
● Experience optimizing system level code where performance is critical
● Distributed Systems (distributed processing/algorithms/applications) with concurrent execution within
multiple threads, running on multiple cores, running on multiple nodes as part of an overall system cluster
● Experience with Boost and/or STL libraries
● Experience with Block and/or File System (NFS) based storage systems
● Knowledge of hashing techniques
- A minimum of 5 years of experience is required. 6 to 8 years of experience is preferred
- A Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science, a Master Degree, or a PhD; or equivalent experience is required
- Demonstrated ability to have successfully completed multiple, moderately complex technical tasks
NetApp | Solidfire delivers the industry’s leading all-flash arrays to drive the transformation of the data center, enabling customers to thrive through increased efficiency, execution and agility.
NetApp | Solidfire strives to hire smart, talented, dedicated employees who are willing to do whatever it takes to get the job done. Located in beautiful downtown Boulder, CO, we offer our employees a fulfilling work/life balance in a casual, yet fast-paced work environment. We provide a full range of benefits. NetApp | Solidfire has a world-class team and represents one of the hottest opportunities in the technology sector today. Come join us in building the Next Generation Data Center!