NEWMEDIA, one of the fast growing private companies in Denver, is a website design & development agency that combines 20 years of success with a young, startup vibe. We help our clients tell their stories using cutting-edge technology and build long-lasting relationships. Our team members are our greatest ROI. Learn more about us, our culture (there's ping pong) and benefits at newmediadenver.com/about/careers.
We are looking for a talented, user-minded Senior Designer to create successful experiences and intelligent visual design. The ideal candidate should have an eye for clean, user-friendly design, possess strong user interface design skills and should be able to take high-level requirements, distill them, and turn them into well thought out user interactions, user scenarios/flows, and beautiful, functional designs.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Guide clients through the life of projects and lead through execution.
- Strategize, plan and execute all design stages from initial client kickoff to final hand-off to development and beyond.
- Conceptualize original ideas that bring simplicity and user friendliness to complex design problems.
- Enforce and execute upon best practices and patterns around user experience in web and app platforms.
- Bachelor of Arts or Fine Arts preferred.
- 5 + years of web design experience in an agency or equivalent setting.
- Strong proficiency in design tools such as Illustrator, Photoshop, Sketch or other visual or interaction design tools.
- Strong grasp of HTML, CSS, SASS/SCSS, and responsive design best practices.
- Sound understanding of the user-centered design process and artifacts of said process.
- Demonstrate and walk through design skills with a strong portfolio of well-thought out work.
- Must be able to interact and take lead in the discovery, definition and design portion of projects, by guiding and directing clients and peers.
- Empathy for users and clients to ensure successful designs.
- Basic understanding of CMS limitations and abstractions (Drupal and WP).
- Good creative problem-solving skills.
- Attention to details.
- Strong communication skills a must.
- Creation of well thought-out artifacts and deliverables within the User Centered Design process.
- Present and defend designs, ideas and key milestone deliverables to peers and executive level stakeholders.
- Guide a client through conceptual process and decisions of non-UI related deliverables (logo, branding, marketing materials, advertising, etc.)
- Take ownership over creative concepts and execution for all required materials in a life of a project and/or account.
- Become an expert in our clients’ businesses in order to ensure sound and strategic design decisions, regardless of medium.
- Ability and desire to mentor creative team members.