Webroot has the energy of a startup with the strength and stability of an internet security market leader. Founded in 1997 and headquartered in Colorado, Webroot is the largest privately held internet security company in the United States – operating globally across North America, Europe, and the Asia Pacific region.
As a Manager of Mobile Software Engineering, you will be based in our Broomfield, CO office and dedicated to our efforts of mobile security. We will rely upon your ability to challenge and grow our experienced engineers, so a strong aptitude in technical leadership and a proven, solid background in software development is a must. Your primary responsibility is to the people on your team; ensuring that the members are growing as engineers, doing valuable work and generally having a great time performing their job.
Skills needed in this position include:
- An undergraduate degree in MIS, Computer Science, Engineering or another technical field is preferred
- 5+ years building native applications and server back-end for mobile, Android and / or iOS.
- 2+ years of manager-level experience leading Android, iOS or mobile web teams
- Exceptional coding skills in one or more of the following: Android, Swift, Objective-C, Java, C#
- Strong understanding of software development process / Agile
- Full stack capabilities and have experience designing with restful APIs
- Developing individual professionals and your team through coaching, mentoring, and feedback
- Solid understanding of the mobile ecosystem from reporting to 3rd party libraries and services
- Knowledgeable and passionate about web and mobile development technologies
- Advocate and advance modern software development practices in the team’s (CI / CD, test automation etc)
- Grow the technical expertise of your teams on system performance, platform compatibility and maintainability
- Help develop and evangelize great engineering
- Excellent critical thinking, problem-solving and communication skills
Make your mark with a company that is transforming the next-generation of endpoint security and threat intelligence services for businesses and individuals around the globe. Apply today!
At Webroot, we do more than secure our customers' personal computers, mobile devices and networks. We also nurture our employees' most critical assets – their talents, experience, and career aspirations. Webroot has the energy of a start-up with the strength and stability of an Internet security market leader. We foster the innovative culture you'd expect of a company that's making a statement. Webroot is a company in which you can invest yourself fully, knowing that you're not only protecting our customers around the world, but also that your talents and innovation will be recognized and rewarded. We encourage you to learn more about us and explore our job openings. Secure your future. Ensure the same for your career. Principals only - no third parties, please. Webroot Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.