HomeAdvisor is a leading nationwide digital home services marketplace that connect homeowners with local prescreened home service professionals. HomeAdvisor has connected millions of homeowners to the company's network of skilled home improvement, maintenance and repair professionals in more than 500 categories. HomeAdvisor offers homeowners a comprehensive suite of tools, products and services such as ProFinder, Pro Reviews, and True Cost Guide. Access to all of the site’s features is free to homeowners, with no membership fees.
HomeAdvisor operates internationally and has nearly 2,000 employees between its headquarters in Golden, CO, and offices in Denver, CO, Lenexa, KS, New York, NY, Colorado Springs,CO, and Indianapolis, IN. HomeAdvisor is an operating business of IAC/InterActiveCorp, a Fortune 500 company (NASDAQ: IACI). In 2016, for the fourth year in a row, HomeAdvisor was named one of the Denver Post's Top Workplaces, and the company received a second nomination in 2014 for Colorado Technology Company of the Year award for which they were one of three finalists.
HomeAdvisor is the largest online local home services marketplace to help homeowners find & hire the best service professionals for their home repair, maintenance and improvement needs. We have helped over 30 million people find a trusted home services professional and have been featured in publications such as Fast Company, Wired, The Today Show, the Wall Street Journal and the Huffington Post. We combine a fast paced, high energy culture with committed professional training and development programs. We are growing our sales department, and are looking for the best talent to take our company to the next level.
Our Sales Associate position provides a unique opportunity for anyone interested in gaining or furthering their experience in the world of sales and internet marketing. Our powerhouse sales floor is the engine of HomeAdvisor, and we have built out a team of smart and passionate innovators. Every single sales professional is vital to the company’s success, and we are expanding our team!
What makes HomeAdvisor one of the Top Places to Work in Denver (according to the Denver Post in 2013, 2014, and 2015!):
We are an industry leader, and are backed by IAC (NASDAQ: IACI), which is one of Fortune’s Most Admired Companies, and our sister brands include Match.com, Vimeo, CollegeHumor, and Ask.com, among others.
We offer a generous base + commission compensation package, as well as a full range of benefits—our top performers are on pace to make over $100k! Plus, not every company offers up to 26 days of paid time off a year!
Opportunity for growth – where you want to go within HomeAdvisor is up to you (hint hint, all of our managers are promoted from within).
Other great perks like team potlucks, game rooms (ping pong, anyone?), and the occasional friendly competition with some pretty awesome incentives
Why do WE like working here? Simple – our product, what we do, and the people we work with.
- Sales experience a plus, but not necessary!
- Are competitive and driven to succeed in everything you do, and you NEVER give up
- Take challenges head-on, and face rejection with a consistently positive attitude!
- Are outgoing, with a great personality and good people skills- you’re not afraid to pick up the phone
- Are interested in the start-up world, interactive marketing space, and cutting-edge technology
- Want to contribute immediately to a team-oriented environment
- Have a strong and focused work ethic; are able to handle a fast paced setting with a positive attitude
- Take the initiative to go above and beyond
- Are a self-starter
- Are career oriented, and looking for growth
- Have a sharp, professional demeanor
- Are looking to be in a sales environment
- Call on and speak with small business owners across the country, consulting on HomeAdvisor’s services and products -- We will provide your leads
- Drive new business acquisition – your pipeline and the entire sales cycle is in your hands
- Learn sales techniques and help to develop new, creative sales strategies
- Share feedback and ideas with upper management
What does it take to work here?
• Must be sales-driven, money-motivated, and possess a strong work ethic – we have a highly incentive-driven environment (again—cash,
vacations, paid days off…)
• Business-to-business outbound cold calling sales techniques preferred – must not be afraid to pick up the phone.
• Ability to complete the entire sales process on the phone.
• Desire to put in 115%
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• If computers scare you, this is not the right position for you.
• Be the master of multi-tasking.
• High School Diploma or GED required.
• Sales experience—GREAT to have, but we can show you the ropes if you think you've got what it takes.
In addition, you'll need to be able to:
• Work in a fast-paced, high energy sales center environment without being distracted.
• Sit or stand for an 8-hour shift.
• Hear and talk on a phone head/hand set.
• Successfully pass a criminal background check.
• Be AWESOME
• Have FUN
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.