NEWMEDIA, one of the fast growing private companies in Denver, is a website design & development agency that combines 20 years of success with a young, startup vibe. We help our clients tell their stories using cutting-edge technology and build long-lasting relationships. Our team members are our greatest ROI. Learn more about us, our culture (there's ping pong) and benefits at newmediadenver.com/about/careers.
We're located in beautiful and sunny downtown Denver, Colorado—one of technology’s new hotspots in the United States. Denver is a quality-of-life destination: People strive to live here for the myriad ways they may pursue a healthy lifestyle, which includes abundant outdoor activities (we average 300 sunny days a year). Denver also boasts great housing options, low unemployment, and decent commute times.
newmedia is notable for its 20-year track record of providing full-service website design and development that is smart, user-friendly, and cutting-edge. We are a leader in a competitive industry with two start-ups—1FEE and DRUD—integrated within our mother company. Our work environment is friendly but hard working; we have the stability of our longtime successes with a fun, start-up vibe. What makes newmedia special is its PEOPLE.
Currently experiencing exponential growth, we strive for and earn a significant portion of the $23 billion-a-year market for our services and we attract significant interest from both new clients and investors. We are a growing team of 50 fantastic people and projected to hit 100 by early 2017. As much as we have accomplished, it's a drop in the bucket compared to what we have planned. To get there—and to continue our pace of success and growth—we need to have the best and the smartest designers, developers and program managers joining our team. Ping pong skills are optional but highly recommended; on-the-job training is available.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Working with our internal team to create compelling and cutting-edge websites and web applications.
- Turning design and user interface mockups into functional websites.
- Keep on top of new web techniques and technologies.
- Maintaining and troubleshooting existing client sites.
- Participate in project team meetings.
- Meet internal deadlines.
- Train clients.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- 3+ years developing for the web.
- Strong attention to detail.
- A strong understand of PHP.
- Drupal specific site building and theming.
- Knowledge of responsive web development and desire to learn more.
- Experience with working in an open-source environment and with open-source tools (We are a Drupal shop primarily and so experience with Drupal would be a big plus).
- Familiarity with compass and SASS is a huge plus.
- Experience with revision control systems, specifically git.
- Active member of drupal/web development communities. You attend meetups on a semi-regular basis. If not, you should have an interest in doing this in the future. Bonus points if you've presented at a local meetup or a Drupal camp.
- Experience with web typography using font-face.
- Experience with Agile development methodologies.
- Experience with Drupal features, views, panels, context, etc.
- A solid understanding of Drupal’s theme engine and how to use preprocess functions and create/modify theme functions/templates.
- Flexible vacation/time-off.
- Competitive salaries and performance-based raises.
- Health, vision and dental insurance.
- Open, collaborative environment in LoDo, steps away from Union Station.
- Professional development opportunities.
- On-site gym access.
- Conference and career development allowance.
- Employee referral bonus.
- Paid parking.