The entrepreneurial Category Manager’s role will be to build and execute strategy for our high-growth deals program. The ideal candidate will be an energetic team player who understands how to effectively drive results in a fast-paced and rapidly growing company. The Category Manager will be responsible for meeting top-line sales budgets while improving profitability through negotiation. The role requires the ability to develop relationships with key suppliers on pricing and assortment while also driving strategy with cross-functional partners. The candidate must understand and quickly act on urgent business decisions while simultaneously planning for the future. The candidate must have a willingness to hit the ground running.
The role requires a leader who can align external supplier partners and cross-functional internal teams to advance key business drivers. The Category Manager must be able to execute financial plans while managing the day-to-day business and contributing to the larger team’s development. The Category Manager will manage, supervise and develop the Associate Category Manager.
The ideal candidate can balance analytical thinking with effective communication. Interest in leading others and a vested interest in the team is a must.
- Achieving the financial goals for the program
- Managing and developing brand relationships
- Maintaining awareness of competitive environment and ensuring eBag’s competitiveness on pricing, product and brand assortments
- Negotiating cost reductions as necessary to improve and achieve margin objectives
- Ensuring a best-in-class user experience on eBags through effective messaging
- Creating a curated shopping experience as appropriate to introduce customers to new products, highlight current best sellers and demonstrate eBag’s expertise in the travel category
- Plan, develop and implement deals and promotions in conjunction category managers, site merchandising and marketing
- Minimum of 3+ years e-commerce / online retail experience
- Articulate and persuasive communication skills, both written and verbal
- Track record of successful negotiation and relationship management skills
- Ability to hit the ground running – a confident, entrepreneurial self-starter
- 3+ years’ experience in business and data analytics
- Detail oriented and excellent analytical, financial and strategic planning skills
- Able to prioritize and coordinate multiple responsibilities simultaneously
- Sense of urgency in pursuing business opportunities and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, deadline driven, growth environment
Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Merchandising or BusinessBENEFITS
Enjoy Life Monthly town hall meetings, casual dress day - every day and a dog-friendly workplace: we believe fun fosters creativity and camaraderie.
Balance and Harmony Generous paid vacations, paid holidays, paid community service time off, health club discounts and reimbursements, financial education, and employee discount on our website: we want you to do more of what makes you happy.
Healthy, Wealthy and Wise We provide the serious stuff, too. Our health benefits include Medical, Dental, and Vision. We provide a Health Reimbursement Account to help cover unexpected expenses, Life Insurance and Long-Term Disability, 401(k) Savings Plan with a Roth Option and Company Match, and Stock Option Grants, to mention a few.