We believe that employees are people, not ID numbers. That’s why we’ve reimagined the most complicated, impersonal business tasks that employers face and created one simple and delightful service. Payroll, benefits, and HR like you’ve never seen before.
We were recently voted the #1 place to work in San Francisco. To learn more about our values, life at Gusto, and benefits, visit gusto.com/careers.
Employee benefits are tricky. They’re even trickier for employers that have never offered group benefits to their people before, or for employers that don’t have the time to stay up-to-date on all the changes that happen in this ever changing industry. As a member of our Renewal Operations team, you will be helping employers get group benefits for the very first time, and then helping those employers make important benefits decisions on an annual basis.
Gusto’s Renewal Operations team is passionate about using innovative technology and service to elevate the health benefits experience of small business owners and their employees. Each team member is a true owner and makes a tremendous impact every day. You will use your project-management skills to streamline benefit administration with insurance carriers, drive operations and communications with third-party partners, and build the health insurance engine that will make benefits with Gusto great.
Here’s what you’ll do day-to-day:
- Work directly with customers and health insurance carriers to implement employee benefits packages specific to our customers’ needs.
- Work with carriers to ensure that the administration of health benefits is precise and delightful for our customers, employers and employees.
- Provide guidance, assistance, and support to customers at key moments in their relationship with Gusto, and fulfill group level benefit activities, such as new group health plans and renewals.
- Constantly analyze, refine, and iterate on internal processes to make them simpler and more efficient
- Be a knowledge partner! Research, document, and educate others on updates related to internal process, external policy, and best practices
- Be a thought partner! Work with our product team to help create a product that can deliver the best customer experience at scale.
Here's what we're looking for:
- 2-4 years of client-facing experience
- A passion for reducing operational inefficiencies and pain points
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Flexibility to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university
- Knowledge of employee benefits administration and benefits operations
- Project management experience (implementation and setup)
- Experience using workplace tools like Zendesk/SalesForce
Gusto’s mission is to create a world where work empowers a better life. By making complicated, impersonal business tasks simple and personal, Gusto is reimagining HR, payroll, and benefits for over 40,000 companies nationwide. Gusto has offices in San Francisco and Denver and the company’s investors include Google Capital, General Catalyst, Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, as well as the founders of Instagram, Stripe, Nest, PayPal, Yelp, Dropbox, and Eventbrite, among others.