HomeAdvisor is a leading nationwide digital home services marketplace that connect homeowners with local prescreened home service professionals. HomeAdvisor has connected millions of homeowners to the company's network of skilled home improvement, maintenance and repair professionals in more than 500 categories. HomeAdvisor offers homeowners a comprehensive suite of tools, products and services such as ProFinder, Pro Reviews, and True Cost Guide. Access to all of the site’s features is free to homeowners, with no membership fees.
HomeAdvisor operates internationally and has nearly 2,000 employees between its headquarters in Golden, CO, and offices in Denver, CO, Lenexa, KS, New York, NY, Colorado Springs,CO, and Indianapolis, IN. HomeAdvisor is an operating business of IAC/InterActiveCorp, a Fortune 500 company (NASDAQ: IACI). In 2016, for the fourth year in a row, HomeAdvisor was named one of the Denver Post's Top Workplaces, and the company received a second nomination in 2014 for Colorado Technology Company of the Year award for which they were one of three finalists.
As an Android Developer for HomeAdvisor, you'll have the chance to enhance and improve apps directed towards our service professionals and homeowners:
- Our Service Provider network recently surpassed 100k pre-screened home service professionals. Currently, over half of our network uses the Service Provider app daily and it is the heart of our company's success.
- Our award winning Homeowner app is used by HomeAdvisor’s most loyal customer to find and book trusted home pros, keep track of favorite pros and manage new projects.
Our goal is to provide our homeowner and service professional customers with best-in-class app experiences, all while driving value for HomeAdvisor.
We have an Agile (SCRUM) based team environment and release frequently. Your goal is to work hand-in-hand with experts from product development, UX, design, marketing, and software testing to build the best mobile app solutions for our Service Providers.
Experience we're seeking:
- 1+ years of Android mobile application development, with at least one application published in the app store
- Java, SQLite, JSON
- Experience working with Android Studio
- Expertise in using all the Android layout types
- Demonstrable experience in calling Restful APIs to sync phone data with a server
- Strong skills working with List Views, Content Providers, Services, and Loaders
- Unit testing of Android applications using Espresso
- Experience developing server side Rest APIs in Java
- Experience working on a SCRUM team
- 5 or more years of experience developing commercial software
- A strong passion for Android Development and keeping up to date on new platform developments
- Loving both mobile app development, and server side programming in Java
- Strong Java server side programming experience (Spring, Jersey, Tomcat)
- iOS development experience
- Foosball and/or ping pong skills
HomeAdvisor is the nation's largest digital home services marketplace matching homeowners and pre-screened service professionals. We are one of the biggest internet success stories in Colorado, growing from our startup days to nearly half of a billion dollars in annual revenue - yet we're nimble enough to stay ahead in the fast-changing internet ecosystem. All of this makes HomeAdvisor a great place to work.
The Denver Post has named HomeAdvisor one of Denver's Top Workplaces for the last 4 years running, and we're known for a casual atmosphere that is flexible and focused on productivity. In addition to our "take what you need" time-off policy, you’ll find a campus loaded with awesome game rooms, a basketball court, on-site yoga, bikes to share, and a challenging, fun, work environment.
We're eager to tell you more about the projects you'll be working on, and hear more about your background. Send us a resume to start the conversation!