We believe that employees are people, not ID numbers. That’s why we’ve reimagined the most complicated, impersonal business tasks that employers face and created one simple and delightful service. Payroll, benefits, and HR like you’ve never seen before.
We were recently voted the #1 place to work in San Francisco. To learn more about our values, life at Gusto, and benefits, visit gusto.com/careers.
The Mid-Market Sales team is passionate about using innovative technology and service to elevate the payroll, HR, and benefits experience of small business owners and their employees. Each team member is a true owner and makes a tremendous impact every day. The Account Executive position will ideally be located in Denver, but San Francisco-based candidates will also be considered.
Here’s what you’ll do day-to-day:
- Work directly with small business owners in analyzing their payroll, HR, and employee benefit requirements, and show them how Gusto can meet their unique needs and concerns
- Understand a prospect’s employee benefit goals, identify the best benefits package to achieve those goals, and empower employees with great health care
- Transform the complicated language of payroll and health insurance into clear and simple concepts that people can understand
- Become a product expert, able to walk business owners through the full Gusto experience and show them how it will simplify their lives
- Drive revenue by navigating the customer buying process, engaging key stakeholders, and ultimately closing the deal
Here’s what we're looking for:
- 2-4 years of experience selling payroll OR health insurance to businesses and individuals
- Work with clients consultatively and have a proven track record of closing accounts
- Are an owner: need little guidance and own targets and projects from beginning to end
- Process-minded: you proactivity look for opportunities to improve upon inefficient processes
- Articulate, with excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Deep knowledge of FSAs, COBRA, and/or Life & Disability insurance
- A health insurance license in one or more states
Gusto’s mission is to create a world where work empowers a better life. By making complicated, impersonal business tasks simple and personal, Gusto is reimagining HR, payroll, and benefits for over 40,000 companies nationwide. Gusto has offices in San Francisco and Denver and the company’s investors include Google Capital, General Catalyst, Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, as well as the founders of Instagram, Stripe, Nest, PayPal, Yelp, Dropbox, and Eventbrite, among others.